Snow Beast - Cannondale content

Cool bike in white.
Your fork is tooo high ! Change for a pepperoni if you can ;)

24pouces":19ejlp85 said:
Cool bike in white.
Your fork is tooo high ! Change for a pepperoni if you can ;)

Do you reckon a Pep will be any different? Apart from being chunkier, I can't see why a Pep should be a different size to the one fitted. Same era, same size wheel. But then I'm new to MTBs and know nothing. :?

Looks fine to me anyway...

Later rigid forks are usually 'suspension adjusted', ie; they are longer than normal ones to match the length of suspension forks.

Would look much better with some Pepperoni forks, and some flat bars, but that's just my opinion, it's your bike, your choice.

Nice white frame though, very clean looking. :D

Wheelnut":879mc01u said:
fingers":879mc01u said:
BTW are the shifters and rear mech off said p7?

Its a good colour and the decals look cool - are they original???

Don't worry, your old P7 hasn't been robbed of parts. ;)

Colour is not original - it was refinished by Bob Jackson's - but I think the decals are as original. If not, someone will no doubt tell me...

My old frame that is :D Had the decals made by Gil and resprayed by Bob Jacksons and its known as italian metallic pearl white should you decide to buy that pepperoni from Andy ;)

Bike Hoarder":17owqcd6 said:
Later rigid forks are usually 'suspension adjusted', ie; they are longer than normal ones to match the length of suspension forks.

Would look much better with some Pepperoni forks, and some flat bars, but that's just my opinion, it's your bike, your choice.

Nice white frame though, very clean looking. :D

I accept that the later 'suspension adjusted' forks are longer.

That's my point - the ones fitted aren't the longer type.

But you're probably right about Pepperonis and flat bars being the best for looks. That said, I just tried mocking it up with some Pace RC30s and a Fred Salmon flat bar/stem combo and that looks pretty cool too.

Still tempted to get hold of some Peps though... ;)

Back