Sunn Urge Un 999 - another one!!!

rodgy1970

Dirt Disciple
My Sunn Urge Un 999 :D

I bought this bike in 2001/2 and I have not changed it much from standard specification apart from the seat, pedals & tyres.

I've used it mainly on the road but did some light off road when I had the Hutchinson Python tyres on. I think its a great wee bike although it is the only MTB I have ever owned.

It came with two chainrings when I bought it, however, I noticed the other urge un on the forum has three, could anyone shed any light on this :?

237.jpg

I seem to remember the original spec was 2 up front.

How very modern! :)

Nice bike, seems rare to get a 999 frame with the red soft decals still attached.

JeRkY":fp7u8kqa said:
I seem to remember the original spec was 2 up front.

How very modern! :)

Nice bike, seems rare to get a 999 frame with the red soft decals still attached.

Cheers, I wrecked about most of yesterday afternoon looking for the head tube badge :LOL:

very nice
and very good condition :cool:

yes seems some were built with a 2X9 rather than a 3X9
which you can upgrade too

these fuji stout light frames are pretty rare
I actually wonder which other make did use such tubing
don't recall seeing other upper range bikes between 94 and 99 using it
(previous model with same tube was the revolt)

That year, SUNN went half-custom where you could specify the fork (one of the Obsys), SRAM or Shimano and 2x9 or 3x9. The idea was to exploit the fact that the bikes were assembled in Europe, at St Gaudens.
It proved to be a disaster as they were still building in batches and the number of skus was multiplied by 10 and the likelyhood of the factory or dealer having the bike you wanted was next to nil. Add disastrous French forward planning and one may start to understand why the Company went down...

Latest posts

Back