1990 Klein Attitude - Dolomite, XT, 100% original mint

SF Klein":1xz3j9n6 said:
thesneaker":1xz3j9n6 said:
:shock: thats an awesome example, i would love to find one in this condition but a 19".

In 1990, they only offered 3 sizes, in effect a small (18"), medium (20") and large (22"). Klein doesn't list the geometry or the recommended rider height for each size the way they do in the later years but at 5' 8", it fits me fine. My height seems to be the threshold for their small & medium frames. When Klein began their size recommendations for varying heights, they said 5' 8" is the tallest they recommend for their small (19") frames) and 5' 8" is also the shortest they recommend for their medium (20") frames. I find that I can get a comfortable fit on both sizes but I have to play with the saddle height & rail placement as each bike I have is a bit different.

Again, note that there wasn't a 19" option in 1990 so I'm thinking this 20" is probably a better fit for me than their 18" of the same year would have been. Lucky me. :D

I'll be dammed, you learn something new everyday, i best hunt for a 91' in this colourway in size 19" and buy your box forks from you ;)

I'm also 5' 8" but can ride an 18" or 19" ok, i wouldn't gamble buying a 20", the reach and standover height would do me in.

Is it me or do those forks on the original look really bent?....
Also note the different green fade position...
J

SF Klein":3q6eea0j said:
In the meantime, I hope our weather stays clear so I can sneak some more riding in before the next big rain.

Yep, we had yesterday -20C and wind 12m/s that makes it about
-45C :LOL:

I've got the same klein. What is cool with that bike, the frame is stiff, but, in comparison with today race bike, you don't need big legs for enjoying it.
Some weeks, I could ride on snow : neon color are very beautifull on the snow, and the bike gives so fun ! :cool:
img0133av.jpg

I love this box fork too, a more aggresive design than the unicrown which appears in 1991.

But for the gears, try to keep it the most original as possible. If you really want 8 speeds, try an Euclid groupo, or change the rear cassette for a bigger (32 teeths)

ha.....i once joked with a friend that i could clone his credit card by riding over it on my attitude.....i remember a mr hemming winning the world downhill champs on one,must have felt like he had done ten rounds with lolo ferrari...... :shock:

Great bike. I think I was watching the same one and you got a great deal on it. Definitely an iconic bike---and what great condition!

Back