Marin Pine mountain (Update!)

Heres a mockup with the sids, and also a picture of the titec damage. Should I toss these? I plan to have bar-ends on it and im wondering if the extra stress will screw me over in the end.

Attachments

• DSCN0582.JPG
    DSCN0582.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 3,991
  • DSCN0581.JPG
    DSCN0581.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 3,991
  • DSCN0580.JPG
    DSCN0580.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 3,991
That is an original 1991 Pine Mountain in North American colour scheme.

If it is simply a campus cruiser, then stick some Marin Rockstar forks on it and paint them to match that wicked paint job. The rigid forks are light and responsive, plus much cheaper.

Sympathy is beauty for this old horse!

Use period parts and love it to death. The bars will most likely be fine unless they have a fracture or split in the Titanium. I have crashed Ti bars and carried on using them for years with similar damage. If in doubt, chuck it out (or sell 'em on here for a garage queen).

I let some rockstars in purple slip away on ebay, was considering doing those. I think you guys mistake what I mean by campus cruiser. The school Im to be transferring to over here has many wicked hills, and there are a few known trails that go around the town as quick ways to get from class to home. While I want to keep it retro, its also got to perform.

Thanks for the info and confirmation of the year! Good to know its the original paint job, I really do like the way it looks.

Nobody happens to be selling a bottom pull xt front mech in the USA do they?

EDIT: Holy cow benandemu! I just read your sig, you've got plenty nice marins :twisted:

thanks! :D Im really impatient for my maguras to get here from the post! New pictures at the end of the week hopefully, I cant wait.

Ive got a set of black ritchey bars that i might swap for the titecs, still dont know if I feel good about them being kinked.

I'm sure the bars will be fine unless you put bar-ends on them. There won't be any stress put on them under the grips, but the potential leverage from bar-ends will almost certainly cause problems.

Nice bike by the way, and I agree with benandemu that a set of 'Rockstars' would be a perfect addition to this one.

Updates!

Purple skeweres pedals seatclamp and barends, once i find some suitably retro grips!

Dont slay me for the modern forks :oops:

Attachments

• DSCN0585.JPG
    DSCN0585.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 2,484
  • DSCN0586.JPG
    DSCN0586.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,484
  • DSCN0587.JPG
    DSCN0587.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 2,484
Oneee more picture. Skewers just came in the mail! Had her out for a ride, my first set of maguras and JESUS, they stop.

Attachments

• DSCN0588.JPG
    DSCN0588.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 2,468
Yep! You'll never go back after Maguras. Mine will stop a loaded tandem with a trailer in torrential rain on a 1 in 4 hill - Marvellous. The best bit is that a pad change takes only 30 seconds.

If you could find green slave cylinders for the back that would complete the awesome fade effect.

You have one gorgeous bike!

Of course I'm entirely unbiased, owning a 1994 Pine Mtn... ;)

hamster":1800kwxm said:
Yep! You'll never go back after Maguras. Mine will stop a loaded tandem with a trailer in torrential rain on a 1 in 4 hill - Marvellous. The best bit is that a pad change takes only 30 seconds.

If you could find green slave cylinders for the back that would complete the awesome fade effect.

You have one gorgeous bike!

Of course I'm entirely unbiased, owning a 1994 Pine Mtn... ;)

I believe it! Pad changes are great, i accidentally popped them out upon inspection haha, too bad the pads arent cheap. I lucked out and found a shop near me that had a small pile of NOS things donated to them, some magura replacement pads included. Tried to get ahold of the froggies :( no dice.

Is your pine up on the boards??

Back