The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cannondale Super V Raven

svmad":1hhiztk9 said:
Wonder if anybody could help. I have a 1998 Cannondale Super V Raven for sale, but no idea how much to put it up for. Was looking at ebay for a starting bid of £500.

Rear - XT
Front - LX
Crank - Deore LX
Brakes - Magura disc
Wheels - Coda hub with Mavic x223 rims
9 speed
Iridescent Purple / Green

Sounds very nice. put a picture up in 'Members Bike 1998'

i think you're probably about right. £500 or best offer.

At Mike's request:

mikesnowdon":3s4sbkax said:
1997 Kona Cindercone 19" frame only.

Bought the frame off ebay not really knowing the frame size until today. Its too big for me (Im 5'9").

when I bought it, it had been stripped down ready for paint, exposing a couple of small dent's in the seat-tube. I've had these repaired by Shand Cycles who also did a disk brake conversion. The original brake bosses were cut off, drilled, and tapped with a M10 thread. So the bike can run Disk or V's. It has new decals from Gill ready to go. These are period correct decals but have blue colour lettering rather that the original yellow/orange.

Its ready for paint.

Whats it worth (sold as-is with new decals)?

toys023y.jpg

(EDIT: Bollo**s! I meant to put this in the 'how much is my....' thread! MOD's could you kindly move it please. Sorry :/

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You're selling it after the Shand magic and seatpost hassles :shock:

*%$£$£"*&**

:shock: :shock: :shock:

You won't get enough back to recoup your outlay - build it up mikesnowdon!!!

Just considering it at the moment. I would prefer a smaller fame really. Thinking of a similar frame so the build can be as originally planned.

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:35 am Post subject:
Could someone give me a idea how much I would be looking at for for a 19" Klein Attitude in sea/sky fitted with a MC2 bar/stem and Rockshox mag21's

any suggestions.. ?

fullkleinframeandforks-1.jpg

@ mikesnowdon

I can see your dilemma - continue to finish it off, paint/laquer etc and you'll have spent even more on a bike that's too big :(

Tricky one.

If its any consolation I'm doing similar with a 19" Kona frame and I'm well over 6' - so some would argue its too wee - although i do like riding 19" Konas of that age in prference to 21" offroad. :?

OK. After completely failing to follow etiquette and posting this same message in the "for sale" section, I thought I would have another go here. Thanks to legrandefromage for pointing out my cluster f**k.

Hi Everyone

Just interested to know what my 19inch Slime Green Clockwork frame might be worth. Free cheese sandwich included.

I say frame, but I do have pretty much a complete and original bike. I've owned it from new, and it currently has lots of non-original bits on it, most of which I want to keep. However I have kept most of the original bits around, and they are largely in pretty good condition (mostly because they haven't spent much time on a bike!)

I'm pretty sure I purchased it in late '98. I had to have it custom painted, because the Slime Green as a standard colour had recently been superceded by the orange/white anniversary colour scheme at the time of purchase.

The frame itself is in pretty good condition, as I have always cared for it, squirting WD40 down the seat tube & smearing copper grease in hidden places like inside the BB shell and inside the head tube. It has been used though, so there are light scratches in the clear laquer on the top tube from cables/standover, some minor nicks here and there, and a large chip in the paint of the BB shell where a stone has been thrown up at some point.

The non-original parts include the bottom bracket (I have an XT square taper to put back in), the headset (Its an FSA), the rear cassette (it will be an 8 speed XTR, little used), the V-brake calipers (later model Avids, although the levers are still the original Avids) and the front and rear mechs (both later model LX circa 2005)

The bad bits are the rear wheel (original, but well used on another bike) the seatpost (scratched alot from up and downing), and I'm not sure of the condition of the orginal Acera front chainrings (they spent a while on my commuter bike)

Original matching rigid forks and stem are pretty much unused, as are the Orange Hot Rod bars and Angry Orange saddle. I even have the original tyres to go back on.

Only considering selling as I really feel the need for disk brakes. I know I could have disk mounts brazed on, but the frame is really a little large for me, and I think if I'm going to spend money it should be on a more suitable steel frame.

Heres a picture of it in use recently, but as I say most parts would be swapped out for original or those listed above.

hxxp://my.orangebikes.co.uk/data/500/IM ... 4x768_.jpg

Sorry, can't post a proper link because I am new to the forum. You can copy and paste the link into your browser, replacing the "hxxp" with "http"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back