* Dunkeld * Macretro Official Ride* Sat 30th Jan 2010

Well,Thats me F***d
I'll have to cancel :cry:
Mech isnt going to arrive as the PO dont know where it is,which means they've probably lost it :evil:
My only other options are to buy the cheapest 1.1 mech for 9 spd and that will cost £45 minimum
Then sell it if my x9 arrives[which it will,suddenly after the weekend if fate is anything to go by]
Having already spent over £100 preparing for this im not spending any more :evil:

Taking deep breaths and totally piss8d off :evil:
Thanks for the offers for a spare bike,but it isnt the same and i wouldnt be comfortable ....................................................................................

DyneTi

Singlespeed the bugger!
What size do you ride, as I am bringing my singlespeed as well as my Stumpy. As long as you take G.I. Joe size you'll be right ;)
Only kidding the Stumpy is about an 18, and I can ride my singlespeed.
I dont want you to miss out on what should be a great day just because of a mech. I also wouldnt offer if I wasnt absolutly happy doing so.
Its my job also to convert everyone to Stumpys.

Jamie

Ditto Jamie's offer. I know that its annoying as buggery when you've been trying to get a bike ready for a ride and it doesn't come together in time (been there, done that), but don't miss out on getting out for the lack of a bike.

So if you are a larger gentleman who enjoys/wants to try the full sus experience I can bring the iDrive (really enjoyed this in the snow actually). If you prefer fully rigid, I can bring my single speed Hardrock (19.5"). And if you are looking for some 29er/front sus action, I can bring my Haro Mary (18", so this will fit a medium chap).

Surely one of these bikes would suit you, sir? And let me know whether you prefer SPDs or normal pedals.

I vote you SS it DT, I will be SS and have not been on a bike for months and have spent the last 2 days puking and pooing so I will prob be the slowest by far.

Looking forward to it kaiser ;)

<= See this here, the banner not the capybara, it is earned by riding! You have it in you to make this ride! Don't let yourself down because of a silly little technical issue like not having a rideable bike! You need that banner! :)

SS was fine on this ride last year should be fine this year. In fact if you lock any brand of derailleur in the middle cog you can have a 3 speed. I'll bring my old LX one just in case.

Further Dyna-Ti, dont worry about the ride quality of another bike, even those of us with our chosen steeds will still moan about the harsh or weird handling of our steeds. I also suspect a few folk will walk sections, me included :LOL:

ZZ, were you going to transport some stuff from the meet to Big Eck ?

Supposing you are could I give you a pair of drum brakes I am swapping him to save on postage ?

Cheers Velo

Aye, bring them along velo, no probs. I'll see if I can drop his stuff off on the way back, as it's not much of a detour off the motorway.

velomaniac":1m6glxgz said:
Further Dyna-Ti, dont worry about the ride quality of another bike, even those of us with our chosen steeds will still moan about the harsh or weird handling of our steeds. I also suspect a few folk will walk sections, me included :LOL:

Im OK now :D
I phoned the LBM [mechanic] not the LBS,and hes agreed to lend me an X7 rear mech and will set it up too :cool:
http://www.bicyclerepair.co.uk/contact.htm

I'll get it back tomorrow morning,so that leaves me loads of time to ride about and test things out before Saturday :D :D

I'd like to thank everybody that offered me a bike :cool:

even those of us with our chosen steeds will still moan about the harsh or weird handling of our steeds
Me included,at least as an excuse for my shocking ability.
Although my bike is set ,its got new brakes and gears which havent been tested in anger so i dont know how theyll behave :?
Got the studded tyres on too,I dont care if there isnt any ice as ive bought and sold them 3 times and they still havent tasted dirt since new :LOL: :LOL:
Overall im quite looking forward to this :cool:

Back