BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
If anyone finds a pair of the kestrel forks mind ;) I'll av'em

anheim1.jpg

anheim2.jpg

anheim3.jpg

Fell in love with the Doug Bardbury Manitou when I first saw it...class....

Never saw any of the Ti GT's about with cro mo stays, were they that much cheaper?

Hmmmmm, Kestrel forks....

So spooky seeing stuff from 1990.. I used to keep a scrap book of all the cool bike & kit photos.. :oops: Still have it somewhere I'm sure :LOL:

Those Logic cranks are tasty.. That GT never made it to production did it? Never seen it in any catalogues.. Kinda CR7-esque..

Man, retro rocks..

Too true brother!!!

Yep, that ti GT was in their 90 catelogue as a special option...guess it can't have been much more for the full ti version, maybe that's why no one bought one.

Didn't the early ti Mongoose have a cro mo rear end too...think Tomac rode one :?

Rich

Those forks do look cool on that frame. :cool:
the p23 was designed to last one season, so how long will the p22 last
:shock: I keep on hearing this, are they trying to say i haven't ridden my P20 enough :LOL:

Yup I really want some of these, bit like I really want the kestrel Nitro but I know it aint gonna happen :LOL: :? :| :cry:

kestrelfork.jpg

The Ti/Steel Xizang

the Ti/Steel Xizang was actually first done in 1989 and it was sold in the US.
Not many out there. One sold NOS on ebay a little over a year ago affter hanging in a shop in Florida for years. Maurice Lavoie did the original welding on the Bi Metal and full Ti Xizangs. The early ones even had an internally routed rear brake cable. I have one like that.

Oh yes, those were the days. The 1990 show was the first year I attended Interbike. At 18 years old, and at that point having had a solid 4 years working in and lurking around bike shops, Interbike was the next level of my ascension into bicycle enlightenment (read "geekdom").

One of my buddies (that would be "mates" to you guys, er, "chaps") had a Kestrel. Broke it multiple times and spent so much time off it because it was traveling between the LBS and the company, that he gave up and got another bike.

Makes me seriously wonder whether would be any left from that era to collect.

Mr. Zero":11p87y7x said:
Oh yes, those were the days. The 1990 show was the first year I attended Interbike. At 18 years old, and at that point having had a solid 4 years working in and lurking around bike shops, Interbike was the next level of my ascension into bicycle enlightenment (read "geekdom").

Looks like you live a short bike ride away from the show!

Have to say that I was seriously impressed that Mike Sinyard (Specialized) and some of his employees rode their bikes to this year's show. For them it was 500 miles.

My first bike show was Long Beach in 1981, and you could have put that show into the lobby of today's Interbike! Representing fat tires as a serious product were exactly three manufacturers: MountainBikes (us), Jeff Lindsay (Mountain Goat) and Victor Vincente of America (Topanga).

Here's the anecdote: A well dressed fellow comes to our "booth" (two bikes, a card table and photocopied literature) and says, "I love your passion, but the future of the bicycle industry is not big tyres, it's aerodynamic components."

Back