* Dunkeld * Macretro Official Ride* Sat 30th Jan 2010

mikee":2yjbgngg said:
suppose i'd better get some functioning brakes on it then :LOL:

Functioning :?
I take it you must mean discs ;) ,they're the only bike brakes that really function :LOL: :LOL:

The Ken":2yjbgngg said:
Dyna, you won't hold me up - not been on the bike proper for 3 months, that along with me stopping for photies - this is as much a social occasion too.

Everyone don't forget to bring a little nosh for the top of the trail. Sweeties and pop should do it, or the fodder of your choice.

Pics ,yes.I need to do plenty of that,ive none of the finished bike out on the trail,to add to my ever changing bike thread and if i enter one of the compo's
Social event yes,it will be nice to meet some of the other McRetro crowd and finally be allowed to sport the much sought after McRetroRider Title :cool: :cool: :cool:

kaiser":8nzi777g said:
Jimi and Gash SS'd last year and hoofed away good style.

Yep, and i was'nt that fit, even less fit now :roll: , AC was S/S too, where is he BTW ?, anyone spoke to him lately ?

Re: Boxxer

Jamiedyer":16hjnkxd said:
Boxxer
What bolt has sheared?
The post binder or the clamp?
I am sure I have a binder I can bring and a few different size seatposts/clamps you could borrow.
Let me know or stick a pic up and I am sure we can sort. Only if you want to ride it, ride what you want, but if thats what you want to ride I am sure we can do something.

Jamie

With the Raleigh it's a 5mm bolt a little like a stem pinchbolt which is recessed so the bolt sits flush into the recess when tightened - I'm not describing this very well, anyway that bolt snapped leaving a thread in the threaded section of frame - to sort it I'll have to drill it out without destroying the threads - but I don't want to rush it so modern it is

jimihendrix":13k711j0 said:
kaiser":13k711j0 said:

Yep, and i was'nt that fit, even less fit now :roll: , AC was S/S too, where is he BTW ?, anyone spoke to him lately ?

yeah tried to persuade him but alas he has college stuff to do and does not wish to aggravate his ME either but he did ask me to give you all a big kiss on the day ;)

just a hello would be fine :LOL:

we having a swap meet on saturday ?
if so i'll bring some "quality items " along

Don't think anyone will want any of my old twaddle :shock: When I'm finished with stuff its generally pretty far gone :roll:

I'll bring some guff that nobody will want too.

I shall also be awarding a Schwalbe Hardclimber tyre to the rider exhibiting the worst control of his bike* in the icy conditions. This is a 'remarkable' tyre with 'surreal' levels of grip. Only ever ridden once by me, guaranteed to turn a humdrum ride into a brown saddle (and trouser and pants) epic.

* Of course this is likely to be yours truly.

clockworkgazz":14wgq0rr said:
jimihendrix":14wgq0rr said:
kaiser":14wgq0rr said:

yeah tried to persuade him but alas he has college stuff to do and does not wish to aggravate his ME either but he did ask me to give you all a big kiss on the day ;)

I'll have mine oan me erse :LOL: , you should tell him to stick his heed roon the door sometime though. :)

Back