mavic wishbone shifter(s)

d_douglas

Retro Guru
IS this the Holy Grail? Will they ever come available? Am I asking too much of you people?

PLEASE! Does anyone have a set of these shifters?

I suppose that if I agreed to sign over my paycheque for the next month, I would get some responses, but I am not desperate (really! Not at all!).

If you have a set that you are hording and would love to see the joy of a child's face upon Christmas Day (in June), contact me at:

douglas_darren AT hotmail DOT com

You would make me really happy!

Thanks everyone.

Woops, just posted my first "wanted" and didn't see you same request just a few posts down. I doubt a pair will ever surface again. The simplicity - and lightness - of thumbies, with the ergonomics of underbars. Still I recently say a MAvic 815 headset on offer on ebay, so maybe there's hope.

the thumbies always go fo a fortune and seldom come up in good nick.

good luck guys ;)

Weird - I didn't see that other request

Yes - Mavic 825s - I want a pair. Of course, another pair will surface, but I will not even know about them and they will pass by undetected. That is life.

As for Shimano thumbies, I love them and have them on my Rocky Mountain along with disc brakes. They are timeless and I think they shift more crisply than any other shifter I have ever used except for Campy Ergopower.

I have a mint pair of XTs as spares sitting in a box back in Canada that I suppose I could use as collateral, but I don't see myself going back there any time soon, so a 800pound flight to get them (and see my family) my defeat the purpose of finding a pair of the Mavics online!

I will keep on waiting to add these shifters to my Mavic rear derailleur and Crankset. One day my Mavic MTB will happen!

DD

Where ya from D_Douglas?
I grew up in Kelowna BC. Am in Van/Whistler the 28th of this month for 10days of MTBing....the big stuff.
Think the flight cost £560 Air Canada.

Vancouver transplant

Hey there. I was living in Vancouver until I relocated to Switzerland last year. I should be here for another 1 to 2 years, then back to BC to resume life as a Canadian!

One of my good friends - Jay Kohlman - teaches high school in Vernon. He loves it there!

Cheers,
Darren

I have ridden the area at the tip of Kalmalca (sp?) Lake in Vernon a couple of times. At the top of one trail just before the downhill there is an old tape recorder with a Jimmy Hendrix tape in it. You are supposed to play the tape before you blast down hill.

Back