* Dunkeld * Macretro Official Ride* Sat 30th Jan 2010

Loving the idea of cobbling together a bike before the off, just be quick as it looks like it's going to be bloody cold, thermals all round. Liking the mf idea kaiser perfect bike and if you have an off (speaking from last years adventure there is a good chance) then it doesn't really matter.

Rides

We may as well cobble one together in the carpark as its beats the usual situation of cobbling things back together halfway up the hill :LOL:
I will be in the wifes Honda but will try and put my 94 SS in as well as the 88. I have fitted the 94 with a as new Storm control, the big lumpy, spikey knobbed thing that I used at Carron valley, not the best thing for those hard, solid trails. On back I have put a more extreme ground control. Worked well in the snow we had around Christmas. Dont know if I can fit them both as I havnt tried. If not it will be the usual mr reliable 88. Its always ready to go, you just have to fit the nut behind the bars :roll:
JimiH, remember to tighten the chainring bolts and solid cranks only ;)
Looking forward to it.

Jamie

velomaniac":3k45rfx5 said:
Just to clarify Dyna-Ti, any SRAM rear mech cannot mean any SRAM rear mech as some shift at a 1:1 ratio and others at 2:1, which is it ???
I dont have a SRAM mech but thought checking this detail might be useful :?

OK.Its the modern X9 1.1 actuation
I still have 2 days for it to arrive and im feeling confident :D
Thanks for the offers :cool:

At a push i could set it single speed and use a shimano mech to handle the tension,but i dont think id be fit enough to use that all day,id just hold everybody up :(

i should have asked the seller to do next day and paid the extra,but you just dont think the po would take that long on 1st class recorded :?

i might be in attendance on saturday if i can get rid of this bloody cold
s/s able you reckon ?

mike

I think its SS doable Mikee, be good to see you ;)

All I need to do is fit my chain and tune the gears which means the chain will snap or the gears won't work on the day :oops: :roll: :LOL:

Jimi and Gash SS'd last year and hoofed away good style.

Dyna, you won't hold me up - not been on the bike proper for 3 months, that along with me stopping for photies - this is as much a social occasion too.

Everyone don't forget to bring a little nosh for the top of the trail. Sweeties and pop should do it, or the fodder of your choice.

Back