June BoTM **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BOTM Query

mrkawasaki":2epfhow0 said:
Is there somewhere on the site that shows all the 'winners' of previous BOTMs - back to the start of it all??

Neil

The Bike of the Year competition had them all shown. Very prestigious stuff.

I did a quick search but couldn't find it. John?

Careful Jez... Too many pictures of the same bike tends to offend !!! Thanks all you other guys who appreciated it though !!!

Its all gravy Amey :cool:

Lots of cool stuff this month for sure, but let me have a go too! I see mentioned that a bit of the 'story' behind the bike goes down well. . . Well, This is my 92 ARC, that I bought from Geoff Ringlé. He assembled it in 1992, with John Grafton, as they tried to work towards the 'All American Groupset'.

All of the parts were anodozed camo green, a colour never offered for most of the grafton stuff, and only some of the Ringlé stuff. Therefore, here we have the only green Moby post in the world, and the only green Grafton kit. How cool are those green Speed-Traps?? John Parker from Yeti provided the frame, and again, its the only one that we know of with green anodised cable stops. This is circa frame number three.
The grafton kit includes Speedcase B/B, Joystix, Speed traps and of course speed controllers. The re-entry levers hadn't been designed yet. . .
The Ringlé parts include the Moby post, the Zooka stem, the Bubba Hubs, the anti chainsuck plate, and the cages. Again, the slamma-jamma hadn't been designed yet.
Now this is cool, instead of the as expected cam twists, we have the prototype twisters, hand machined and finished, with big ass brass washers. Because these were the prototypes, these haven't been anodized.
Proper top drawer period build, no rubbish anywhere. But unforunately at 19", is a bit too big for me :( . Therefore I MAY be persuaded to let it go to an enthusiast. But Mert Lawills DH 4 that I have fits me perfect. . ;)
However, as a piece of history, as to where we were trying to steer mountain biking at the time, this has got to be BOTM material.. .
let me know ifyou want any more pix. .
Good luck all who entered!

Attachments

• YETI arc 1.JPG
    YETI arc 1.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 2,244
elite504":339z961g said:
this has got to be BOTM material.. .
let me know ifyou want any more pix. .
Good luck all who entered!

I'd say so.

I'm sure we'd all like to see more pictures.

It happens to be my size too! Imagine that. :)
I'll second Jez' inquiry.

hello chaps- thanx for your kind words. As you can see I'm actually pretty new to all this, and I'd seen some comments that too many pictures of your own stuff could cause upset. . . Anyway, have some more pics. . .:
With regards to price. . . well. . . as you can imagine with 4 top drawer Yetis in the stable (and I won't ell youwhat else for risk of being turned over. . ), plus all the other stuff I have, this isn't particularly a cash motivated decision. Its just that this is a LANDMARK machine, and it'd be nice if a real Bro got some use from it. But basically it'd have to be a decent offer. Proper. Not like someskinflint bargains that we all stumble upon. I mean I was considering splitting it and just selling the green, then the frame and the cycle parts off. But you know how it is; once in bits I'd just keep them for all the other builds that go on, and for spares. Plus it'd be sacralidge. The Johns (Parker and Grafton) and Geoff Ringlé had assembled this machine for a reason. the best of american MTB at the time. I shouldn't pick that apart just to raise some beer money. If someone is Seriously interested, and willing to invest in it, then we can have a conversation. PM me if you're a player. . . And I'll get Geoff Ringlé to autenticate it for you. . .

Attachments

• YETI arc 2lowres.jpg
    YETI arc 2lowres.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,193
and the fron hub, with the by-his-own-hands proto ti stix twisters. ..

Attachments

• f-hub lowres.jpg
    f-hub lowres.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,189
and those special green cable stops. PM me if you want the hi-res images for yourself,
cheers,

Attachments

• stops-lowres.jpg
    stops-lowres.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,187
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back