And today I did......

yeah could use one of those , forgot about them . they do really need a taper putting on the edge of the bottom bracket shell to be ideal though .

The bikes shagged though , almost everything except the frame needs replacing and then the frame might be scrap anyway .

Had a lad come in today to buy some risers , asked if I would cut them down for him which wasn't a problem , came back in with his bike ; a road one , didn't freewheel as it was fixed gear . Secretly I wanted to ride it around the shop .

decided not to build anther Trimble. That will please some. Not selling the frame

clockworkgazz":gq1pah8w said:
you going for another brand?

No just settled with 3 complete bikes :D I will get the frame repainted and have as a dust collector. I've spent far to much money and time on bikes over the last 3 years. Time to move on. Will still cycle on the sunny days. But other things are more important.

under-the-thumb.jpg

Dont be put under it! :LOL:

G

Last night I marvelled at how absolutely crap retrobikes are to ride in the real world. Thruntons everlasting snow has made way for gloopy mud which swallowed canti brakes and made steering on 18yo amberwalls a distant pipedream. I must have dabbed 20 times and fell off more times than I care to remember. The bars are too narrow, the fork dives through it's piss poor travel and lacks torsional rigidity, the gears ground and jumped all night and the tyres offered about as much grip as Billie Piper naked and smothered in maple syrup.

Rubbish. From now on the old stuff stays on the wall.

That was pretty much how I felt after Thrunton. Wrong tyres, wrong SS ratio, bars too narrow and shite brakes. I thought you had it well sussed with the cotic, you were definitely flying on it, ridiculous levels of grip.

Si, state the blooming obvious why dont you !!!!!!!

If old bikes were great there would be no need for modern technology :LOL:

Also whats the point of a Retrobike AEC who thinks old bikes are rubbish, bit of a dilema I think your having :?

Man up and ride the old bike, just be aware of how your riding style needs to change ;)

I've reluctantly upgraded to fat tyres and discs but still draw the line at suspension :roll:

zigzag":f5ec5k6x said:
That was pretty much how I felt after Thrunton. Wrong tyres, wrong SS ratio, bars too narrow and shite brakes. I thought you had it well sussed with the cotic, you were definitely flying on it, ridiculous levels of grip.

Cotic is ace around Thrunton, its well sorted now, but I thought it would make a nice change to take one of the old ones round. I took the Mountain Goat round a few months back and tyres aside it was pretty good. Back to the Cotic next week methinks.

Si

Back