i got fired over the phone last night for being ill

got the same here , except polish

negotiated my hours/pay with the store manager , six months ago

now they want to "labour check" me

which means me working hours which are not possible , because of my wife/son , working/school hours

was told on friday qoute " well if you cant , you will have to leave " and on the shop floor of all places didn`t even have the decency to take me to the office

nice eh !!

sainsburys :twisted:

WANKERS i can assure you

All of the above is pretty much illegal and asking for a trip to the Employment Tribunal.

Just quote some legislation at them - Human Rights Act Article 8 - right to respect for family life etc is a good place to start and definitely speak to your union rep if you have one.

Grab a copy of your Employee Handbook as well and see what it says in the Disciplinary section.

If you've never had a warning before or been off sick before then they cannot (or shouldn't if they don't want to end up at an ET) sack you without a warning, unless it is for gross misconduct (which unless they have a draconian is unlikely to include not turning up for work).

Mention of a claim for unfair dismissal should definitely get them back-tracking.

Aye- scour the web and contact union if they're going to be arseholes about it...........if they still dick you around, call the press and cornhole the feckers!!

Cheers,
Dav

in my case the union has already agreed to the situation

and qouted "needs of the business" as the reason

so expecting 12 weeks notice of change of contract any moment , or out

which means out !!

needed a kick up the arse to get out anyway , so there`s the silver lining :D

the union have told me to take it all the way and there behind me 100% rock on the floor manger refused to see me and HR tried to brush it under the carpet typical thank god for unions. bosses make me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SLIM":pxsuoteh said:
in my case the union has already agreed to the situation

and qouted "needs of the business" as the reason

so expecting 12 weeks notice of change of contract any moment , or out

which means out !!

needed a kick up the arse to get out anyway , so there`s the silver lining :D

are they doing this to everyone or just you? if it's just you then that's effectively constructive dismissal and very illegal. if they're doing it to everyone then not much grounds to complain - but still not something to take lying down.

Back