i got fired over the phone last night for being ill

yeah transport and genaral the only union up there dont know what there gonna say they can be just as bad sometimes depends on there mood still considering weather or not to tell the papers not for money but to get even

its true they are not allowed to sack you while on the sick , but , when you get back to work thats another story

would advise contacting union also , for what its worth

Shop the bastards !!!

info below for the SUN, but there are loads of others who would probably go for your story, I am not normally a fan of cheap tabloid journalism, but I am less of a fan of large corporations treating their work force like s**t !!

best of luck.

How can I contact The Sun?
The fastest way is to call our journalists on 0207 782 4100 (from outside the UK dial 0044 207 782 4100).

You don't need to worry about the cost of the call either - as we'll call you back right away!

We'll tell you immediately if we like your story and, if appropriate, give you an idea of what it could be worth.

You can also email us on talkback@the-sun.co.uk or text us on 07917 576539.

Remember to include a phone number - preferably a mobile - where we can call you back.

How much is my story worth?

A big exclusive used on the front page could be worth thousands of pounds, but a smaller story will be worth less.

The only way to find out how much YOU could make is to call us now.

But remember - don't tell another newspaper.

Your story is worth much more if you only tell The Sun.

What happens when I tell you my story?

A reporter will call you to check the facts and arrange a meeting, if necessary.

They may bring a contract which obliges us to pay you when your story is published.

When will I get paid?

You will get your money by cheque or paid direct to your bank within a few weeks of your story appearing in the paper.

In very exceptional circumstances we may be able to make a payment to charity or pay you in cash.

Can I sell pictures too?

Yes, exclusive pictures are worth big cash to you. And if you have pictures to back up your story, it may be worth more.

What kind of stories is The Sun looking for?

Anything you can see being published in the paper. From celebrity exclusives to medical miracles to cheating politicians, we want your stories on them all.

We also love heart-warming real stories about our amazing readers, so if you've triumphed over tragedy, give us a call.

Can I remain anonymous?

Of course, and we always protect our sources. However, if the story involves you directly, it may be worth more to you if you are named and pictured.

Call 0207 782 4100 in confidence and we can discuss all your options.

Will I get more from another paper?

No. The Sun is the biggest and the best. And we look after our contacts, unlike our grubby "rivals".

So get in touch today!

cheers leeww gotta find out what they say tomorrow as the HR dep want this sorted now have got a felling that im gonna get fired again tomorrow for standing up for my self ie they will say im not progresing properly or that i forgot to wash my hands at some point you know the usual binning routine lol then papers here i come and the worst thing no sick pay what a b***ard that is and no pay for today even thow they told me not to come in . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i work in the food industry and if you have any stomach related illness , either end if you know what i mean

you are required to stay off work for 48 hours after last up/down movement :D

we are also required to give samples for testing :shock:

SLIM":9t69op6o said:
we are also required to give samples for testing :shock:

They say they are for 'testing' but those new vegetarian sausages are unusually cheap.

thats what i thought 48 hours after to clear infection but they are now saying im not fired and now the floor manaer is saying it was a miss comunication what a surprise how far can they back pedal and blame each other. they are only doing this because i made a noise about it be illegal and blaytant p155 takin :evil: :evil:

is there maybe a little more behind all this,ie a few extra sick days in the past? if you are a star employee and they decide to fire you for having one day off sick from a food factory then something is very wrong..

this my first sick day ever at the bernies they would just rather have portugues work there than english its a bad company to work for any way ps never eat there food trust me its for your own good :evil: :x :x :evil: :evil:

ow forgot to say that the floor manager dont like me much as im not in the steroid abusing macho weight lifting club not joking either

Back