1994 Merlin Titanium

:LOL: puzzle is good, if it was easy to figure out than this wouldn't be any fun!

flexy brakes? not according to this thread. nothing bad about themexcept that they are pricey!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=224880

not sure on the tyres, but i got a good price on them including tubes when i got the brakes.

nothing's set in stone. stay tuned as more stuff arrives to me! ;)

Those brakes are too cool for school! I suspect that you are heading into sub 20lb territory, where wallets expire and marriages are tested ;)

parts slowly trickling in. *sigh* :(

think this is the proper clamp size. it's a 34.9mm but the catalogue says my frame should be 31.8??? i've got confirmation the seat tube diameter is around 35mm. :?

quill ti stem is back-up plan in case i can't get the RF one to work. seller said it was a Marin stem, but i wouldn't know. hope i don't have to make use of it as i'd much prefer the RF. :p

Attachments

• IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 6,580
hmmm, seems things are picking up! ;)

picked up the black first but then snagged the ti. most likely the ti will be used but this will keep my options open for either threaded or threadless.

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 6,736
no more comments … guess i gotta give more teasers! ;)

having issues with the powerlite fork steerer so using a spare set of Manitou Three for test fitting for now. neither has enough steerer for the RF stem, so using the Marin Ti stem for now. consider getting the steerer extended.

i got the King Ti hs in. :cool:

also it seems the 34.9 (1 3/8") clamp fits, even though the catalogue says it should be a 31.8 (1 1/4") for my frame size. puzzling… :?

Attachments

• IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 6,680
  • IMG_2461.JPG
    IMG_2461.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 6,680
  • IMG_2455.JPG
    IMG_2455.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 6,679
  • IMG_2454.JPG
    IMG_2454.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 6,680
You are a big tease arent ya! Come on then, more pics please!? I like retro weight weenie builds.

Whats the target weight then?

wasn't planning on this being a weight weenie build. just ended up with some weight weenie brake set, tires and tubes as someone was selling it off locally.

no target weight planned but anything close to being under 20lbs would be nice though! ;)

struggling with this build. certain things haven't gone as planned. RF Turbine IB crankset i thought i had secured ended up being bust in a bad way. one of the pegs on one of the return springs is broken so now i have to buy a new return spring assembly. still sourcing another XTR M900 rear mech, but i can steal off the Blizzard for now if need be.

steerer on the powerlite fork is too short for me to use the RF ti stem, so it needs to be extended if i want to use the RF stem. also the threading on the steerer is strange. tried with two headsets and i can't get the lock nut to go down too far. threads look clean, but maybe it needs to be chased?

what additional pics tickle your fancy??? how's this? ;)

now i have the black flite pictured prev, a black gel flow, and now this white gel flow to pick from. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,922
Back