And today I did......

Option 5 - Sacrifice it to the ancient Gods of Thrunton Woods. With such a magnificient offering you would surely be blessed with at least a year's riding free from injury and bike failure.

zigzag":3lilppd3 said:
Option 5 - Sacrifice it to the ancient Gods of Thrunton Woods. With such a magnificient offering you would surely be blessed with at least a year's riding free from injury and bike failure.

We're planning on offering The Gimplord to the Thrunton Gods next time he turns up. :LOL: :LOL:

Si, use the bike as bait to get punters out with your group. Let someone new ride it at a meet, that way you still have it, you dont need to put more cash into it and it makes newbies smile and think YES I must get into this retro idea. ;)

velomaniac":29f09vj0 said:
Si, use the bike as bait to get punters out with your group. Let someone new ride it at a meet, that way you still have it, you dont need to put more cash into it and it makes newbies smile and think YES I must get into this retro idea. ;)

And that idea is why you should still be MacRetro AEC.

Good thinking!

I can see what you mean- but for me its the red that doesn't look right, black or polished for those parts would make a big difference... maybe polished stem and post too?

Says the bloke with the most colours possible on one frame!!

(If I had cash I'd be beating down your door though)

Dr S":2m87a99o said:
velomaniac":2m87a99o said:

And that idea is why you should still be MacRetro AEC.

Good thinking!
We could extend that idea to Macretro, but using one of velo's old gates, complete with the finest selection of mis-matched parts money doesn't buy. Before we know it we'd be overrun by bike-jumble loving Mick Fleetwood types. ;)

And this is why I'll never be an AEC.

Back