Anyone heard of Pacific Cycles???

jimmy-s3

Senior Retro Guru
Just wondering if anyone has heard of a bike made by Pacific Cycles? I had one of these about 15 years ago, it was the super XT model and i have come across the Super LX version a while back. Never seen or heard of them since!

They come up from time to time on ebay. I have the feeling that they bought out GT at some point.

Good value bikes as I remember.

Adrian

I do. MBUK did a test of the Pacific Mountain Expert (was it Mountain Expert II?) that was a turquoise blue in colour. In the battle for my first "proper" mountain bike, it was pipped at the post by a Trek 7000.

I've not seen another since and have an inkling that it may have been an e-stay.

It would have been around 1991, I think.

wasn't it a company called pacific that started buying various bike companies in america that then got bought itself by dorrel industries who then went on to buy more bike companies, cannondale, mongoose, then hotwheels (uk distributer and owner of charge bikes) among others

think they own schwinn, gt, and various basic brands and bmx brands aswel.

jonnyboy666":t0b8q7fk said:
wasn't it a company called pacific that started buying various bike companies in america that then got bought itself by dorrel industries who then went on to buy more bike companies, cannondale, mongoose, then hotwheels (uk distributer and owner of charge bikes) among others

think they own schwinn, gt, and various basic brands and bmx brands aswel.

Yes

I think my Fila frame is a Pacific cycles?

fila_mtb_1_156.jpg

I've seen some Pacyfics in my old Polish catalogue (1993 or 1994)
I'll make snan and I'll try translate some infos abut this brand
Hope we're talking about same trademark ;)

Back