East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Rode the Pines on Sunday and with a judicious application of trail knowledge came back pretty much mud free and had a great, fast ride...it was almost like spring (rode in short sleeves :shock: ).

Also re-discovered a new singletrack run through the trees which was most pleasant and will be great at night ;)

Whoosh! :LOL:

True but most of the group stuff has been mid week lately .

I'm in no condition to ride at the moment , realized this morning that I've been feeling shite since christmas because of flu :LOL: I put all the aches , dizziness , loss of concentration , swelling of parts of the body that shouldn't swell etc down to getting old :LOL:

I'm also lacking a usable bike at the moment , trailstar has a leaky caliper and I stripped the rear wheel down on the cinder cone so I could correctly measure the hub only to then find that Edinburgh bike doesn't have the size spokes I need in sale :( so I'm looking at £60 for spokes now as the ones I ordered for other wheels turned up today and the revolutions are rather nice and I no longer want to use the achingly heavy double butted ones anymore , triple butted is the way forward .

And do I go the whole hog and spank a further £40 on some gsport tapered alloy nipples

Back