Grove Innovations hardcore (Ebay.com)

No more worries on BB clearance :D

Bummer I have already two projects at the moment. Interesting pricepoint compared to FATs.

Huh, somehow this one must have slipped through my hands ;)

Sadly, the frame is too small for me. Got a soft spot from a collectors standpoint but the price is a bit steep compared with what recent Groves have sold for.

Too bad about the original paint, always one of the characteristics that made Groves distinctive.

The HC was a tough frame, really the predacessor to todays freeride capable bikes. The geometery was def Classic East Coast singletrack inspired with steep angles for agility and a high bb to coast over rocks and logs...took a bit to get used to.

Melvin, can you really have too many projects? This one needs a loving home :D

cheers,

rody

rody":1t6dk91f said:
can you really have too many projects?
rody

probabily not! but an understanding wife, abandoned warehouse for storage & deep pockets can be the critical factors :LOL:

Hi Rody,

rody":1e2i2ryv said:
Too bad about the original paint, always one of the characteristics that made Groves distinctive.

Although not very Grove like, I didn't realize it isn't original. Actually I prefer bikes with original paint. Not only because it is 'origanal', but also because non original implies the original was probably severely damaged, hence the bike maybe heavy used. I rarely buy non A1 condition bikes.

The HC was a tough frame, really the predacessor to todays freeride capable bikes. The geometery was def Classic East Coast singletrack inspired with steep angles for agility and a high bb to coast over rocks and logs...took a bit to get used to.

Nice :cool:

Melvin, can you really have too many projects? This one needs a loving home :D

Every of my bikes is indeed in a loving home ;) ...but unfortunately it is also true I can have to many projects :cry: (to be honest; already 10 bikes ago I said to myself it is enough :? )

Currently busy with in particular the Panasonic. It has to be perfect. I am opening all bearings, NOS or not, and apply best grease I know. Rust prooving is already taken care off. I am after the right bits for it - it has to be exactly the way I want it. Furthermore there is the Vitus. No, though my home is like a orphanage I really can't take another orphan at the moment.

Later.

- Melvin

Tis a shame...alas, we humans do have limits :)

Been emailing the seller, the paint was applied prior to him owning the frame (second owner) and really has not seen much use since aquisition. Sounds like he got it cheap and is now hoping to cash in on the "vintage" market.

We'll see...

rody

I do see some marks on this paint and the rear mech looks well used. Interesting to see whether it will be sold or not.

well, it sold for 400.00 + 50.00 for shipping. what do you think?

seems rather high to me. i was contemplating an offer of around 300.00 shipped, but even that seemed high. well used xt, unmatched wheelset, unoriginal paint. the seller did admit to me it was likely a 'rattle can' paint job as well.

i didn't see anything there that i could really count on other than a matching frame and fork that i'd likely end up wanting to repaint.

Back