The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony":d1v2t947 said:
FluffyChicken":d1v2t947 said:
vidal130":d1v2t947 said:
Cheers Anthony, I wll look in to it further and I will strip the other stuff off it. It is quite an interesting frame, if you flick some of the tubing with your nail you can hear how thin the steel is! As for 1992/3 I think you must be quite close. :)
The question is, what's prototype about it, just looks like a Prestige with a broken stay.
Well it could be just the same as a Prestige in all other respects, but if it's made of a different tubeset that Orange only ever used that once, and it has an official Orange 'Limited Edition' top tube decal, then it's logical to think it's a prototype. Quite apart from its origins being slightly uncertain, he couldn't sell it as a Prestige with that decal, so selling it as a prototype seems a completely honest thing to me.

I know, that's why I'm interested to know about it and if I was a prospective 'Orange' collector and he wanted to sell a broken frame, it's the sort of details that would help sell it to a collector. Couldn't see anyone else but a collector buying it to be honest.
Serial Frame Codes may give something away to those in the know (not me, wouldn't have a clue on the codes :LOL: )

'92 GT RTS2

Hello everybody, I've a '92, I think, may be a '93, it was the very first year they made them, GT RTS2 16", which I've owned from new and I wondered if anyone had any ideas as to value for the whole thing, or should I split it please?

Spec;

Standard frame and rear end. The frame has a crack around the front/top of the seatpost weld on the top tube, only just noticed this which is a shame as the frame is very clean. Noleen shock, not piggyback, with no play in any of the linkages

Rockshox Mag 21's (with the airpump), which work but paint flaking, Fibrelite carbon fibre brake booster

GT seatpost, White Flite Ti saddle, Red Xlite titanium seatpost bolt

Hope Big Un 32h hubs, with cable operated Hope disc brakes, from '92/'93 laced to Black Campag Thorr rims (which are mint) I have got a full spare set of used pads which still have some life left in them and 2 used brake levers for the brake calipers

Shimano Deore LX Groupset 21 speed with Rapidfire shifters

New'ish stuff; Titec stem, World Force Bars, Red Shark Bite pedals, Onza Porcupine's

I think that's it.

Also got a pair of Onza ski bar ends with Onza handlebar end caps and a pair of Onza HO pedals but no cleats, well used.

Any input greatly appreciated, I may keep it and get frame repaired so any pointers to a frame repairer would be good too, many thanks

Attachments

• rts2.jpg
    rts2.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 1,995
  • rts2.1.jpg
    rts2.1.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,995
Make way for the HUGE pics, do PC word
sell a monitor the size of a snooker table ? :LOL:.

Regarding the RTS-2, sadly i think you only have two
options there, either repair it and keep it or strip it and
sell it in parts, harsh truith is mention "Alloy frame" and
"Crack" and a lot of people wont want to know or will want
the bike for pennies, you would get more for it parting it, if
you were to part it out there'd be plenty of interest in those
Hope mechanical brakes, very rare to see discs on an RTS.

i have this lying around as a spare but can't see me ever using it (watch this i'll break mine the day i sell this :LOL: ) i swaped a mate this for a black/gold m4 caliper ages ago .

IMG_1871.jpg

it came off his santacruz and it has santacruz stamped on it from hope.... theres a couple of tiny marks on the lever from storage but apart from that it's mint .....

whats it worth ?

Girvin/Noleen K2 forks shock

OK, two items I need help with both being sold to fund a 2010 Epic.

First a pair of Girvin Elite Crossflex forks been well loved and used. Original Noleen shock.
girvin001.jpg

girvin003.jpg

Secondly a computerised Noleens K2 Smart Shock runs a 9v battery brand new with box, estimated age 1997.
girvin005.jpg

girvin006.jpg

Would rather these went to an enthusiast on here than e-baying them.

Rob

:oops: ok, right section this time :LOL:

trying to work out what my dekerf is valued at.....starting a collection now so need prices for insurance etc.

23012010297.jpg

23012010282.jpg

Steel is real!

I've got a Carrera quattro comp here that I'm about to try and shift - 531 steel with 531 forks and a 501 stem and bar!

it's quite tatty - any suggestions?

saltyman":2pzg0ue6 said:
:oops: ok, right section this time :LOL:

trying to work out what my dekerf is valued at.....starting a collection now so need prices for insurance etc.

That DeKerf is lurvely.

Well a new frame from DeKerf is £1000+ and then shipping and customs tax ends up been £1500+

Then the quality parts have to be up to £1000 in todays prices. i mean, the DT Swiss forks are at least £400 alone.

So i would put insurance at £2000 or so depending on what your premiums are.

Re: Girvin/Noleen K2 forks shock

xcwanabe":1ovbqd70 said:
OK, two items I need help with both being sold to fund a 2010 Epic.

First a pair of Girvin Elite Crossflex forks been well loved and used. Original Noleen shock.

Secondly a computerised Noleens K2 Smart Shock runs a 9v battery brand

Would rather these went to an enthusiast on here than e-baying them.

Rob

Well a pair of carbon Girvins with smart shock went for £130 but then a set of carbon forks alone went for £140 or so...

i would have thought it would be a max of £90/100 for the forks depending on condition

as for the shock i could only make a guesstimate of £40/50 at the most. I know spare shocks are hard to come by but even spare ODS shocks don't go for much.

my 2cents anyways.

Re: Ibis Szazbo 95'

Drewson":1hhugb2k said:
Interested in knowing how much my immaculate Ibis Szazbo frame is worth by todays prices.... It is Medium in size and dated 95' IIRC.

Szazbo1.jpg

Cheers,

Drew :)

Googled this frame as looks interesting.

One blogger says they bought one for $622 dollars back in 2008 but then there is a dude on here wanting £200 or so for his

so considering we are in a recession but also baring in mind it is a popular size of frame you may get $300-$500

keep it, looks mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back