Gone

As it stands it looks like you're not far off being period correct based on the pictures so far.
The Z1 Bombers are still great forks and well worth hanging on to. The crankset looks to be LX M569 and the front hub looks like an LX M564 which are both bang on for 1997.
The brakes look like they might be a couple of years later, and it also looks like you've got a Hope Ti-Glide rear hub.
All good so far.

If want to check the Shimano M numbers to determine what year your components are from, check out the links below...

http://www.mombat.org/Shimano.htm

http://datenbanken.freepage.de/cgi-bin/ ... IMANO.html

Thanks for those links.

Unfortunately in my ultimate wisdom i removed a set of LX v-brakes from it back in the day and instead of keeping them they got thrown out:cry: .

The rear hub is a Hope bulb i think, the old rear wheel got damaged begone repair and i upgraded to a hope (again throwing out the old LX hub:cry: ). I will get some better pictures of the bike and items on it tomorrow.

Welcome.

Agree with DSP, look's fine as it is, agree that the Z1's are great forks, you can still get parts for them and are very easy to service should they need it, being hyper critical it's bad practice to have the gears in the big front ring and big sprocket as it's puting the mech under strain, if you are fussy the frame would polish up really nice (new stickers would be no problem off here if you need them), like i said that's being hyper critical so i'll just shut my face now :LOL:

Here are quite a few more pics. Hope people dont mind me posting so many in one go.

It needs a really good clean as its filthy. Any idea where i might be able to get some new decals from?

P1000437.jpg

P1000438.jpg

P1000439.jpg

P1000440.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000442.jpg

P1000443.jpg

P1000445.jpg

P1000446.jpg

P1000447.jpg

P1000448.jpg

P1000449.jpg

P1000450.jpg

P1000451.jpg

P1000452.jpg

Looks like I was right about those M numbers then. :LOL:
That'll polish up nicely. The LX shifters and front mech are also probably original and so fit the 1997 period. The Mavic 220 rims were also specced on some of the 1997 GT range.

Overall there is little you'd need to change unless you were going for a full period build. It's all good retro kit.

Which reminds me, I must get my 1997 Zaskar built up this year...

drystonepaul, it looks like you are very, very local to me!

Infact you will probably pass my house to get to where you ride!

P1000299.jpg

Contact member Gil-m on here for new stickers, also plenty of info on the site for polishing up an alloy frame, you could have it shining like a new pin :cool:

Rick Draper":2yhi2k8w said:
drystonepaul, it looks like you are very, very local to me!

Infact you will probably pass my house to get to where you ride!

P1000299.jpg

I love that view in the snow, we went night sledging down there when it was deep. 2 down on a tractor innertube is great fun :D

I'll keep my eye out for you as I'm in the forest about 2 times a week.

Been busy sorting out some parts. Got some KORE flat bars coming, received a Flite Titanium saddle this morning for it and should have some new wheels for it by the weekend.

Back