• Cool

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Uncool for me, some Funks are nice but not on my list of dream bikes,
the Haro Extreme is truly ugly in my eyes, hate the way the top tube
slopes up the way.

I cant understand how some can call GT's ugly and E-stays beautyfull :?

Because the gt triple triangle has no function yet the E stay worked. Not that I should speak I think the Zask is sooooooo pretty

Here's a nekkid one.

Never had an e-stay before - bought this some months back for daughter but a trifle too large so haven't progressed the build (therefore missing Saracen BOTM possibilities :roll: )

Still wondering what to do but Mrs Panda seems to have taken a shine to it ;)

Cool or uncool? More cool than hot, I think.

a couple of pics.....

bianchi020.jpg

bianchi019.jpg

That looks familiar, just like i believe in fixies' running SOTM. I like the look of them, I think they look nicer than the Saracen e-stay.

Looks like estay is looking on for being judged 'cool'. Will gety a new poll up over the next few days.....

I quite liked the E-stay Saracens, BITD. Especially the one with square tubing.
But I was young and impressionable.

Over time, I just regarded E-stays as a failed experiment.
And ugly - They just don't have the elegance of a diamond frame.

Sooo, I was definitely going to vote "uncool" on this.

But then I saw the Alpinestars Ti (Caramba Kid), Red & white Rocky Mountain (Fluffy Chicken) and the red Saracen (DryStonePaul) & changed my mind.
Those 3 bikes = very cool. Especially the RM.

= COOL.

Cool, definitely cool. I have a passion for (or maybe more accurately, an 'obsession') with E-stay bikes. I have owned exactly 10 of themover the years and have 6 inmy posession at this time alone.

Like 'em or not, E-stays played an important part in MTB history. IMO E-stay bikes (pioneered by Richard Cunningham) took small-time frame builders & mass merchants alike away from the boring old diamond frames at a time when convention ruled & paved the way for full-suspension bikes.

BTW, I don't consider any bike with rear suspension to fit into the 'E-stay' category, even if it does have an elevated swingarm.

Peace, out.

Mine
revolution5.jpg

Mine
3Nishikis.jpg

Mine
montare3.jpg

Mine
Almega.jpg

Not mine :(
Valkyrie.jpg

Think I have just acquired one of these ugly beauties... albeit 1980's flavour...

Mr K

Attachments

• Titan Half Trac 1990.jpg
    Titan Half Trac 1990.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 431
Back