And today I did......

considering starting to look out stuff to sell, though I have a big bottle of beer in front of me

You crazy scots aren't using the stuff as currency are you :LOL: ( or "legal tender " as someone always says when we get one of your iffy foreign notes in our great land )

Si , would your guy be able to knock up some alloy bottom bracket cups that aren't a normal size ? I could send the original cup for sizing and another to get an idea of what I'm after . I suppose I could find someone local but I'd rather it was a guy who knew bikes a bit so it was less likely to get lost or not done quite right .

Who'd have thought a bike made in the 20s would have an unusual size part :oops: :LOL:

Any chance of some pre prep/paint pics , there's a beauty in a shell in such a stage of its life .

RobMac":2369523e said:
I did another stupid thing today, bought the start of another motorbike project :shock:
I was just south of Edinburgh "youve still got snow" and the Pentlands looked dark and menacing, fog, snow, bbbbrrrr!

I need my head looked :?

RM

you've no been down to steves have you ?

commuted to work and fell on my backside twice :twisted: total pea soup fog had iced up a back road. Ice and fixed wheel don't mix. Thinking its 05:30 I'm lying on the road, its cold foggy and icey WTF am I doing :roll: This also had the knock on effect of taking out my two rear lights. Oh and snapped my mudgaurd.

Ice and any bike dont mix but fixed usually slightly better as you have traction control. You need a normal hours job Kaiser, the times you mention are as far as I'm concerned mere myths and fantasy :LOL:

Hope your OK

The problem with fixed is when you start to go you can't use your legs very well to get your balance back. I had a whiplashy feeling which developed into a sore head. Almost gone now :roll: I'm hoping its thawed for the road home, it was just that wee icy sheen to the road, hardly noticable till you on yer bum :twisted:

Back