1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche

:LOL: it just didn't look as nice as the one from ebay so i thought perhaps there was another! glad to see it went to someone here. ace job on it so far mate! looking forward to seeing more! ;)

Keep your eyes peeled for a road bike spaced hub (i.e., 130 mm) as that is what came OEM on the 88 Avalanche - Shimano 105's. I run a mountain bike hub on mine, but I have to pry the stays apart a little bit to get the wheel into the dropouts.
Happy trails!

cdngrimpeur":iyp0n4ob said:
Keep your eyes peeled for a road bike spaced hub (i.e., 130 mm) as that is what came OEM on the 88 Avalanche - Shimano 105's. I run a mountain bike hub on mine, but I have to pry the stays apart a little bit to get the wheel into the dropouts.
Happy trails!

:shock: wooh! you disappeared for a while. nice to see your back. ;)

I've got a set of 105 hubs ready to roll...or I'll throw the rear axle from that hubset into a Deore DX set and use those. :cool:

FluffyChicken":181exzja said:
Nice, how are you going to build it up.

Deore DX, 105 hubs and headset, XT thumbs and U-brake, DiaCompe 986, Mavic 217s and an SDG saddle. Bar, stem, seatpost are original to the frame, so I won't change those if I don't have to.

The rims and the saddle are "too new" for the bike, but my butt likes SDG and I've got one that has sufficient 'patina' to look legit. :LOL: The rims are silver, so they should blend right in...

...or maybe I'll get funky and use 217 Sunsets? :shock: :cool:

Latest posts

Back