June BoTM **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW**

Status
Not open for further replies.
You certainly did last year Carsten !! And anyhow your not alowed to play this game, you rbikes are too shiny :LOL: :LOL: Not jealous........Really !!

Del..

It's the taking part - not the winning!

Why vote Alien in June??

Cunningham-penned - nice line in heritage...
Original XT gruppo - big levers work small brakes (how come we forgot that?!)
Original MBA sticker on frame - probably stuck on by a Californian circa 1989
It's an e-stay - we need more e-stay winners of BOTM...
In three weeks time it will be in Retrobike works team at the Mountain Mayhem 24 hours race - not in the show tent...
Wacky splatter and pearl paint job - pretty trick for a mass-produced frameset in its day...

And, it gives me a chance to rant:-

Yes, I know my bike has been around this block a few times, but I find it increasingly irritating that a lot of the bikes entering past BOTMs have not featured prior or since in the Gallery and Archive section? Did they not evolve?! Have they just been flown in from space?! Or have they just been sprung out of the traps in a winning marketing campaign...

Remember - the site is an organically growing reference that needs your ongoing projects and information - so please support the site by updating your Gallery regularly with photos of work-in-progress, new acquisitions and informative captions!!

Rant over...

Neil

Attachments

• Nishiki Alien June 1.jpg
    Nishiki Alien June 1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2,964
  • Alien June.jpg
    Alien June.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 2,964
Go on then, the 89 rockhopper comp.. details on Readers Bikes..

main.php

main.php

main.php

Re: It's the taking part - not the winning!

mrkawasaki":8ggy15z6 said:
Why vote Alien in June??

Yes, I know my bike has been around this block a few times, but I find it increasingly irritating that a lot of the bikes entering past BOTMs have not featured prior or since in the Gallery and Archive section? Did they not evolve?! Have they just been flown in from space?! Or have they just been sprung out of the traps in a winning marketing campaign...

Remember - the site is an organically growing reference that needs your ongoing projects and information - so please support the site by updating your Gallery regularly with photos of work-in-progress, new acquisitions and informative captions!!

Rant over...

Neil
just what are all the freaking rules around here?
what order do people have to do things to avoid pissing others off?

I would like to nominate my '88 Overbury's Pioneer ...

Tech specs:

Frame: 1988 Overbury's Pioneer Columbus Cromor OR
Fork: Unicrown Cromor OR
Headset: Campagnolo Centaur
Stem: Steel with roller
Handlebar: Tange
Brakes: Campagnolo Centaur cantilever front, Centaur U-Brake rear
Brake Levers: Campagnolo Centaur
Shifters: Campagnolo Centaur
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Olympus
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Olympus
Cassette: Regina 7sp 11-28
Cranks: Campagnolo Olympus 46-36-26
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Olympus
Pedals: Campagnolo Centaur
Rims: Mavic Energy
Hubs: Campagnolo Olympus
Tyres: Michelin Hi-Lite Hot 1.9
Saddle: Super Turbo
Seatpost: Campagnolo Centaur

Attachments

• after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 2,936
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 2,936
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,936
  • before.JPG
    before.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,936
Ho hum - here we go...

H - so that's a big ask is it???

You know full well it ain't a 'rule' of the enigmatic BOTM compo (I for one hope there never will be any rules...) - I speak here as an individual - not as a committed member, moderator or as the owner of the site...

I don't know where or how you first stumbled across Retrobike but it's a safe bet you, like I, enjoy the information being collected here and you also enjoy adding your experiences, knowledge and bikes from time to time - why is it you make me feel kinda guilty for asking for a greater sense of collective contribution?

Like it or not (politically-speaking) we are a digital collective - we need to be reminded sometimes that it is our collective contributions that make us the ever lovely, ever growing phenomenon we (and MTBR) are becoming.... it is in this positive spirit, not one of persecution, that I urge that retro-enthusiasm be converted into energies and actions that others can also enjoy!

Peace and love - regardless!

Neil

PS. I take it you won't be voting 'Alien' in June...?!
;)

PPS. You have a nice Gallery, mind... Looking forward to the 'Tease' reveal.... :cool:

Re: It's the taking part - not the winning!

hollister":5vyx32fl said:
mrkawasaki":5vyx32fl said:
Why vote Alien in June??

Rant over...

Neil
just what are all the freaking rules around here?
what order do people have to do things to avoid pissing others off?

For what it's worth I've never been p*ssed off by anything on BoTM and I 'invented' the contest. The point Neil was trying to make (and I would agree) is that it's good too see the bikes posted in readers bikes, perhaps with a little write up on how the bike has evloved and with a few details prior to the bike appearing in BoTM.

john, thanks. that clears it up a little for me

mr K, i honestly didnt know there werent any rules(and it seemed like there was).im used to a single forum format for discussing old bikes.wasnt sure about how to go about posting to keep people here happy.

nice build on the nishiki BTW.

NOS 1990 Pinarello Antelao

Well. I know I'm new to the forum. But, I'd like to enter my Pinarello Antelao. Not much of a story behind the bike. Picked up the frame and fork NOS in December 2005 and it's finally complete after a long search for all the NOS parts. I believe it to be factory spec. from 1990, besides the Onza brakes Sachs chain and Vetta saddle (brakes to be replaced with black br-m732 when found). Here's the build
Fully lugged Columbus Off Road Frame and Fork
Full XT
Nisi New Dart Pro rims (Sapim spokes)
3TTT Bar and Stem
Tioga Farmer John's Cousin tires
That's about it. Hoping to get a vote for the fact it's still brand new. Never been ridden yet. Hope you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back