1991 XT Groupset - most of it

Digger90

Old School Hero
I bought all of this in July 1991 when I ordered a custom Chas Roberts DOGS BOLX.

As was the mode at the time, I upgraded/swapped out most parts for purple spangly bits whilst continuing to use some of this stuff... most of it has been in my spare parts boxes for the last 16 years(!) Some of these parts show more wear than others but ALL OF IT is in very good, useable condition. The wheels are straight and true, bearings very good and braking surfaces flat. The chainrings have plenty of life left in them (the granny and middle ring both being steel replacements anyway). The thumbshifters work flawlessly, brake levers are in nice condition, cassette is not that used, etc..

Bikebits037.jpg

Would prefer to sell as a whole but willing to sell individual items... discount for the whole lot at £120 posted.

XT (M730) chainset, 175mm arms, middle ring is an "Engagement Ring" (very high quality steel ring, £40 posted

Bikebits041.jpg

Bikebits038.jpg

7/8 speed XT Thumbshifters, £38 posted

Bikebits044.jpg

XT Cantilever Brake Levers, £8 posted

Bikebits045.jpg

XT 7 speed Rear Derailleur - works perfectly and with good jockey wheels, £12 posted

Bikebits042.jpg

7 speed cassette, good condition, with lockring, £12 posted

Bikebits043.jpg

XT hub with Mavic M231CD rear wheel, XT hub with Mavic M231 front wheel, £32/pair + postage (approx £10)

Bikebits068.jpg

Bikebits067.jpg

Bikebits066.jpg

Bikebits065.jpg

Bikebits064.jpg

Bikebits063.jpg

Bikebits062.jpg

Bikebits061.jpg

XT hub with Mavic M231CD rear wheel, XT hub with Mavic M231 front wheel, £32/pair + postage (approx £10)

I have a mate who might be interested in these.
Are they true? Bearings ok?

Missmyfat - YGM.

Others - yes, bearings OK - one could be alittle smoother than it is but it rolls just fine. Rims are true too.

I've not heard back from my mate so i'm assuming he doesn't want the wheels.
Russell, they're all yours if you want 'em.
Digger90, sorry for the hold up.

:)

Back