East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

This is where she got the hub how bizarre, I asked where she got the hub from.

Sorry but i have no idea, It came to me as part of a job lot of odds and sods from a semi-pro cyclist who hadnt used it himself for some time and was having a clear-out to fund his new bike.

Clicked the link and ended up in a different part of the site , had brief visions of endless links around the place :LOL:

which he attributes in part to a comprehensive training programme put together for him by sports scientists and psychologists here at the University.

At no point does he drink stella and smoke cigars , oh no , never happens :LOL:

He's far from being a model athlete , sure he trains but he doesn't really sweat it , just seems to turn up and still be the quickest . I've always thought of him as an example that no matter how much you train you can't beat having skill in actually riding the bike . It's nice to know that you can still be amazing without having to monitor every aspect of your life and devote every waking moment to it ; that being at the top doesn't require decades of devotion in advance from an infant age .

He's far from being a model athlete , sure he trains but he doesn't really sweat it , just seems to turn up and still be the quickest . I've always thought of him as an example that no matter how much you train you can't beat having skill in actually riding the bike . It's nice to know that you can still be amazing without having to monitor every aspect of your life and devote every waking moment to it ; that being at the top doesn't require decades of devotion in advance from an infant age .

Very well said. :)

hello good people, sorry, i have been really bad for keeping in contact, anyway my bike appears to be in working order and there is no snow anymore, so when/ where is the next ride?

Back