Syncros Revolution Steel Cranks - The Restoration

First of all, congrats on the nice work and result!

Q:

Is it possible to press the alu hub out of the cro-mo crank arms to have the inside cleaned and coated, and the outside painted? Then use Loctite 455 o.e. and press fit it back in. Reason for asking is that I want to restore mine but have the center alu insert original un-painted, and off course a better access to the inside..

Anyone done anythng like this? Is there a slight chance that the straightnss will be screwed?

I also would like to see more x-rays!

Cheers.

johnson":32b7dxo7 said:
First of all, congrats on the nice work and result!

Q:

Is it possible to press the alu hub out of the cro-mo crank arms to have the inside cleaned and coated, and the outside painted? Then use Loctite 455 o.e. and press fit it back in. Reason for asking is that I want to restore mine but have the center alu insert original un-painted, and off course a better access to the inside..

Anyone done anythng like this? Is there a slight chance that the straightnss will be screwed?

I also would like to see more x-rays!

Cheers.
i really don't know if thats possible. you might get yourself a cracked syncros revo crank and give it a try.
if i would have to restore another set of revos i would stick with the treatment against rust as shown in my first post. i wouldn't powdercoat them though. wet paint, stickers and clearcoat would be my way to go.

Back