Orange X1

Hi guys
Thanks Orange71 got your message from ebay message, I would have liked to have kept this project it took a while to find a decent frame. But somebody will get a beauty. I am also known as Retrobloke on this forum. Orange71, I think you might well have helped with info for this project, thanks again.

Hi guys
Thanks Orange71 got your message from ebay message, I would have liked to have kept this project it took a while to find a decent frame. But somebody will get a beauty. I am also known as Retrobloke on this forum. Orange71, I think you might well have helped with info for this project, thanks again.

Are you sure you want rid? I love mine. Didn't realise it was you - how come you're selling?

Is it any good Orange71 ??? As a rear suspension that is ??

Well I always liked it - it wasn't particularly active as the cranks are mounted on the rear triangle so small bump sensitivity wasn't there, but for big hits it was great. Gave about 4" travel with the shock I used. I got the bike to about 30lbs with mid-range gear on it. The large single pivot is ideal for british mud and in 10 years I have only cleaned/serviced it once and it was fine. Nice and simple. The only problem I have now is the chrome is starting to spot with rust. Apart from that I still use from time to time!

Hi
I really do not want to sell the frame, it took ages to get all the parts, not least a decent fork with 1" steerer. But I hope somebody from the forum can carry on the project either in retro form or retro/new form. It's the usual eye's bigger than garage syndrome. But I still have the Muddy Fox Interactive to build, which I am trying to update with disc brakes, and new parts.

I think the reserve is set at £85. Hopefully it will reach reserve considering the condition of the frame and newly powder coated swingarm

Back