Am i the only one

a good friend of mine was a courier in london & is now a courier in vancouver, so I can sympathesis :D
he was knocked off once (out of many, many times!), lying on the floor collecting himself, picked himself up, "wheres my oakleys?" someone had nicked them while he was spread eagle :evil: nar, I dont miss london!

tintin40":p0njmrqz said:
As soon as i get on the bike i become possessed. I have to go at full speed. And god help any body or thing that gets in the way. If anther cyclist goes past me then its :twisted: Maybe its the London affect? :LOL:

London effect? No Way - it´s warp speed or don´t bother for me wherever you are!
I once let my guard down and chilled out for five on the way home and some dude took the opportunity to pass me :twisted:
My overtaking manouvre raised the bar in terms of brilliant insanity. I would describe it here but I would render myself susceptible to prosecution!! I imagine that he stopped and stared in horror. He may still be there, traumatised! :twisted:

Another time however, due to lack of calorific intake, I bombed just as I reached the last hill before home. The look on the face of the girl passing me on her 200 quid Halfords special will haunt me ´til my dying day....... :LOL: :LOL:

Hey TallPaul, I suffer the same problem in Cambridge. I think it's exacerbated by the fact that a lot of the traffic moves slower than I am capable off. That being said i'm back to cycling after quite a long time and while the speed is still there the stamina leaves something to be desired.

The main problem in Cambridge is the other cyclists - too many foreign students who have no clue.

Rob.

The good thing about stamina and Cambridge is that there are no hills. I live at the top of the only slope in town and it constantly amuses me the number of people that need to get off and push when i don't even need to drop in to the middle ring!

No Hills!
I used to cycle to Addenbrookes for years over Granhams hill!So there is one at least ...oh and the one on the chalk pits is pretty much life or death situation! :cry:
BTW I had an experience with a fox or something big down a little foot path one night...I had no lights..frightened the sh*t out of me :shock:
J

I have secret races... the casual observer will not note anything unusual, however any other cyclist tries to overtake me (especially roadies), then I get in their slip and stay there pissing them off for their very temerity! :twisted:

Did it once to a fella on a Kona who overtook me, I was on my San Andreas at the time, oh, and I had my kid on the back in a child seat, I kept up with him, possibly putting my child at risk of his life (!) until he gave up and said he couldn't stay in front...

Is that the one that goes towards the Shelfords? That is a pretty nasty climb, i was refering to the City centre ;)

That would be limekiln way I think. Right next to where I work and part of my intended lunchtime route once i'm up to speed again :D

Back