Colnago & Moser for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fella, if your correct (and you seem pretty convinced), then I totally appreciate your no-bullshit approach - No apologies neccessary for sure.
But if you're not sufficiently informed to comment like that and the bikes legit' then you should be seriously kissing some ass, (with a mouth full of nuts!)

I think we need some sort of discussion when we've got a concern on the authenticity of a bike, especially when the brand deserves some sort of premium. I'd love a Colnago if I could afford one, and I'm not 100% sure I would spot a fake.

Gregorio":1jon7sa8 said:
legend":1jon7sa8 said:
Well my english is not enogh to defend myself, but I own more than one Colnago. Also more than 10. A usere who registered new and did one post ... excuse me, but this is not fair.

I have also owned several Colnagos (and a Vitus), ...

[/img][/url]

Maybe you know, that Vitus produced also some models for Colnago :shock:

legend said:
Gregorio said:
legend said:
Well my english is not enogh to defend myself, but I own more than one Colnago. Also more than 10. A usere who registered new and did one post ... excuse me, but this is not fair.

[/img][/url]

Hahahahaha....

That is the funniest thing I ever heard-was it just for the Austrian Export market? I hear that Raleigh and Peugeot did too... Because high quality Italian manufacturers of course need to get frames from their lesser counterparts. Colnago did have a different team bike called 'Colner' for a few years, but guess what? This was made by Colago too...

Seriously-why are you persisting with this? you obviously have no intention of posting pics or support the above ridiculous claim with any proof (because you can't-unless you call someone putting 10 euro stickers on a bike a collaboration) and I may be a newbie but ALL your posts are just selling things in classifieds so why don't you just take it to Ebay and stop trying it on?

i'll post a scan of the vitus colnago from the colnago catalog. l8ter

Gregorio":5ldx26cn said:
legend":5ldx26cn said:
Gregorio":5ldx26cn said:
legend":5ldx26cn said:

[/img][/url]

Hahahahaha....

That is the funniest thing I ever heard-was it just for the Austrian Export market? I hear that Raleigh and Peugeot did too... Because high quality Italian manufacturers of course need to get frames from their lesser counterparts. Colnago did have a different team bike called 'Colner' for a few years, but guess what? This was made by Colago too...

Seriously-why are you persisting with this? you obviously have no intention of posting pics or support the above ridiculous claim with any proof (because you can't-unless you call someone putting 10 euro stickers on a bike a collaboration) and I may be a newbie but ALL your posts are just selling things in classifieds so why don't you just take it to Ebay and stop trying it on?

legend said:

Gregorio said:
legend said:
Gregorio said:
legend said:

[/img][/url]

Look forward to it! Remember not to run with scissors, and don't get any glue on the computer screen mind. And if you have to use Photoshop, at least make it look more convincing than the bike itself.

And seeing as this is the only Vitus manufactured Colnago ever heard of, you might want to up the price a bit as it's got to be one of the most rare bikes in existence-say £1500? Which isn't that far off what a Colnago Super in Saronni red would cost anyway-that is if it had full Super Record, Campagnolo drop-outs, 3ttt panto'd stem, panto'd fork, panto'd lugs, panto'd stays, bb cut out... I know which one I'd rather have!

Bye

Gregorio":gpdqn5cr said:
legend":gpdqn5cr said:

[/img][/url]

Look forward to it! Remember not to run with scissors, and don't get any glue on the computer screen mind. And if you have to use Photoshop, at least make it look more convincing than the bike itself.

And seeing as this is the only Vitus manufactured Colnago ever heard of, you might want to up the price a bit as it's got to be one of the most rare bikes in existence-say £1500? Which isn't that far off what a Colnago Super in Saronni red would cost anyway-that is if it had full Super Record, Campagnolo drop-outs, 3ttt panto'd stem, panto'd fork, panto'd lugs, panto'd stays, bb cut out... I know which one I'd rather have!

Bye

what a nice way to make an entrance on here .
:LOL:

cchris2lou said:
Gregorio said:
legend said:

Gregorio said:
legend said:
Gregorio said:
legend said:

[/img][/url]

Bye

what a nice way to make an entrance on here .
:LOL:

Understood... And have apologised for that already, and can also trot off into the sunset if you feel I've crossed a line, but would you rather this guy rips someone off? We all make mistakes, fair enough-but I would never have posted any of this if it wasn't pretty obvious to me that the bike's a fake...

colnago super!!

gregorio
i think this is what a colnago super should look like
note the pantographed seat stays and chainstay
and i am hoping this is 100% genuine.
strong but true comments is much apreciated
i would not like it if i were to buy this and finding it to be a fake
cipo

Attachments

• colnago_super_015_142.jpg
    colnago_super_015_142.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 748
  • colnago_super_016_115.jpg
    colnago_super_016_115.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 748
AFAIK all Colnagos should have:

Italian threaded bottom bracket

and most if not all of the following:
Columbus tubing (or Gilco, or "Colnago")
engravings on fork crown, seatstay eyes etc
Campagnolo or "Colnago" dropouts
cutouts under BB shell
cutouts on lugs
chrome plating

Further clues are 2 instead of 3 cable guides on top tube.

I think only some Colnago frames had the "Colnago" stamp on the chainstay.

It seems the bike for sale in this thread doesn't have anything other than "Colnago" transfers to ID it as a Colnago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back