BOTM January 2010 - Saracen Special - Poll up now!

BOTM Saracen Special

• Big.eck's 'delta box thing'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange71's street croozer Kili Comp singlespeed

• toadoftoadhall's Kili Flyer

• Gravy Monster's 1991 Trekker Hydrotech

• Easy_Rider's 1991 Traverse Hydrotech Competition

• keithholy's 1987 Tufftrax

• Heathy's 1989 Kili Flyer

• oldave's unnamed model (? Kili Comp)

• konatime's Kili Comp

• drystonepaul's 1992 Kili Racer

• Dead Rats' hotrod Kili

• Corduroyboy's 1993 Kili XTR Elite

• onza100's Kili Racer

• Gaff's 1992 Kili Racer

• i believe in fixies' 1991/2 Saracen-built Carrera Quattro

• Sidewinder's '91 Kili

• therealkw15's 1989/90 Tufftrax

• Iwasgoodonce's 1989 Kili Flyer

• dendy's Race Elite

• porkypaws' Kili Racer

• Total voters
Hmmm, quite easy really - I don't like e-stays of any variety, so that clears a lot out of the way.

And entirely genuinely there isn't one that I'd swop for mine (wouldn't have built it as it is else, tho' it looks better with its alternative 5-minute-change rigid forks).

Heathy's Kili Flyer is "next best" so that's my vote!

Wow, e-stays are very much the topic at the moment. Didn't realise Saracen got so involved.

In light of this and because of all the colourful stickers, it's gotta be Easy_Rider's Traverse :cool:

Was a toss up between Heathy's and Easy's as they're both bikes I lusted after as a kid but the Kili wins out in the end because it's just so clean and original (dig the colour coded reflecters!) :D

Being a bit late into mtb's and seeing as the best showroom presented bikes I seen when I had enough cash for a decent one I found myself in Halfords alot. Thus the bike I wanted but could not afford was a Kili Comp like the one half buried in the snow with the Girvin forks and so I have voted for it :D

oldave":3r96xrk6 said:
And entirely genuinely there isn't one that I'd swop for mine...

Heathy's Kili Flyer is "next best" so that's my vote!

I agree with your first sentiment, I think that's part of the issue with Saracen of the month, few of them are catalogue builds or garage queens with oodles of bling for bling's sake. The builds are all very personal and built to be ridden rather than looked at and polished as a lot of pics and build threads show. There isn't a 'cliche BOTM build' amongst them if you get my drift.

I also agree with you about Heathy's, just stunning.

between heathys kili, (mate had one, i had a traverse of that year,) & the vintage 'proper saracen' kili....... tough call, will deliberate for a couple of days i think....

I'd not seen many Saracen's prior to this poll, but :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Some great bikes, but Heathy's gets my vote!

its either the bad photography or poor-ish turnout - none of them stand out...

one of the e-stays is as close to my own as its possible to be without being NOS, I might vote for that one.

I was going to enter mine but a wee bit too late.

fixies' carracen :p - although I still think i'd prefer it with std (curved) forks

nice paintjob too - zoom into the pics :D

Back