Orange Vit T2 Project

@ GradeA: Yep, they'll be on the Vit for a while, and i'll look after them don't worry!
;)

@Dave_H: Cheers, i'm going to phone them today (can't find an email address?). They didn't have the full set of Clockwork stickers when I asked last month but hopefully they'll have Vit T2 ones. Failing that Argos or Gil...

Can't wait to get her built up!
:cool:

Oh, little bit of trivia: A 19" Vit T2 frame weighs 40grams less than an 18" Obed...

Update:

Orange no longer have the full sticker sets so i'll have to go elsewhere.
They told me mine is a 1997 model and only 100 were produced.

Here's a pic now it's brushed and the first bit of purple has gone on...
RIMG0026.jpg

OK, a quick update.

The Vit is just about finished - obviously it needs decals and a decent clean to remove all the grubby fingerprints but I couldn't resist a couple of taster pics:

RIMG0101.jpg

RIMG0112.jpg

RIMG0103.jpg

Hoping to get some decals soon...

Very tidy indeed, will look fab with the decals.

I'm sure that I recognise the grips and seatpost bider bolt from somewhere...

Yep, most (probably 95%) of the parts came from retrobike forum members so thanks to everyone who helped me find what I needed!
The seatpost binder looks a lot nicer than the QR that was on there briefly - cheers Ed. ;)

Before anyone comments on the shim; it's the correct size (according to the catalogue) but fits a little big since these frames varied a little in seat tube diameter. I intend to file it down a wee bit so it fits nice and snug.

It's quite odd having the bike you always wanted, dunno what to do with myself now :!:

The photos turned out a bit poo but i'll take some better ones soon...

:D

Looks great,
pace forks - check
hope hubs - check
middleburn cranks - check :)
Love the gold chain as well.

^^^I've got a rear Hope Ti skewer to go on but i'm looking for a front (old style etched logo), until then the Ringle skewers will remain :(
I'd much rather keep it as British as possible (except I love Syncros stems!).

Anyone got a front Hope old-style skewer? Any colour...

Ok, got a few finishing bits through the post today.
Cheers to Kev for the USE Ti post which suits the bike perfectly and replaces the alloy one.
Put some Tioga Super Light innertubes in too (thanks for the recommendation Graeme & Gump), the Schrader valves are handy as I can still put my bullet valve-caps on :cool:
Hope Ti skewers (original etched-logo type) went on today too.

RIMG0188.jpg

RIMG0182.jpg

RIMG0172.jpg

RIMG0170.jpg

Just some decals to come. :D

Back