sm500's Cannondale SM500

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
my old cannondale. have had it since i think 93/94. Cant quite remember when. Its been ridden thousands of miles, more in the recent yrs on rd, it has the original full xt group set that was specified with bike.
I wore out the original araya rims, but still have the xt ally hubs just waiting to be rebuilt on new rims. These have been replaced by some ceramic 717 on newer xt hubs, an rd tires as Its just my training bike now, mud guards were put on in a hurry an not set up properly, will be taken off soon as its dry, have the original pink flat bars to, but just cant find them at the mo. All in all a really faultless bike. I think a good condition with only a few paint chips.

:D

Attachments

• PC150529.JPG
    PC150529.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,191
  • PC150532.JPG
    PC150532.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 3,189
  • PC150531.JPG
    PC150531.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 3,187
Coooooooooool. THake those guards off, put some amberwalls on and get some photos up mate! I like it :cool:

It's a cool mid range :cool:
With these funny neon pink decals, it's a 1991 ;)

Lovely bike, get some pics up without the guards on ;)
What was the difference between the SM series and the M series or didnt the M's start till 92?

I know what you mean about the guards on will do some pics without guards on when they come off when its dry, its my training bike so function rules over what looks good i am afraid,) Thanks for the comments about my old bike. I have been tempted to sell it time after time but i keep coming back to it as its just a nice riding bike an ideal to ride on the rds an lanes that its used on. Sorry i dont know what the difference is with the sm an the m series bikes, am sure somebody here will be able to shed some light on it ,)

If you're more likely to ride it with guards on then leave them on. The bike's made to be ridden and besides, why else would they have guard eyes?

chrisv40":2mhfu0ih said:
Lovely bike, get some pics up without the guards on ;)
What was the difference between the SM series and the M series or didnt the M's start till 92?
I think, it's only the name, not the frame or geometry who changed…
In the beginning to 91, the name of bikes was "ST" for touring bike, "SR" for road racing bike, and "SM" for mountain bikes. Perhaps, "M" was more easy than "SM" :D .
In 1992, it's still the same 3.0 geometry. They only change the headtube for 1"1/4 and they weld the force 40 system on the frame/fork…

Back