2010 Cotic Soul

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here it is at last, a 2010 Cotic Soul in Orange, size Medium.

Reynolds 853 Main frame,
Rockshox Reba 100mm Fork,
DT Swiss Rims on XT hubs,
Hope Mini Mono Brakes,
Sram X9 Shifters and R/Mech,
XT F/Mech
XT Chainset
SRAM Cassette and Chain,
Hope skewers and Seat QR,
Hope S/Steel Bottom Bracket,
Chris King Headset,
Thomson Post and 80mm Stem,
Now with Easton EA70 riser bar,
SDG Titanium Railed Saddle,
XT SPD's
ODI Grips.

Not had a chance to ride it yet but looks like it will ride well. Slight concern with quality of paint already as there is signs of flaking paint around where Bottom Bracket was fitted and when I unscrewed the bottle holder bolts but time will tell!

A few pictures below but just before it got dark so not the best, will take some more in the light tomorrow.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• DSC02058 (Small).JPG
    DSC02058 (Small).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 4,091
  • DSC02061 (Small).JPG
    DSC02061 (Small).JPG
    43 KB · Views: 4,091
  • DSC02057 (Small).JPG
    DSC02057 (Small).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 4,091
  • DSC02063 (Small).JPG
    DSC02063 (Small).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 4,091
looks good. iv got a 08 simple in black and the paint is really tough on that, certainly not brittle as yours sounds?

Very nice :cool: I too like kanerdog1x1 own a Simple and finish is very tough I would mention it to Cy.

Ya...you have one at last Trevor...thats been on the wish list a while hasn't it.
Nice....very.
As already stated I would mention the paint issues as soon as.

Harryburgundy":3v8riaqp said:
Ya...you have one at last Trevor...thats been on the wish list a while hasn't it.
Nice....very.
As already stated I would mention the paint issues as soon as.

Yes Carl, it probably has! Does look nice in the Orange I must say, just need to ride it now, bloody weather.

I will mention the paint to Cy to see if anyone else has had any issues.

Trevor.

Looks the business.. A soul is on my wish list this year.. does the 100mm fork perform ok.. I know the geometry allows upto 140mm

Windee Miller":pfa4pqxb said:
Looks the business.. A soul is on my wish list this year.. does the 100mm fork perform ok.. I know the geometry allows upto 140mm

Yes the fork is fine, very plush and alot cheaper than Fox! Tbh I think that 100mm is best suited to this frame possibly 120mm. Check out the review of the Soul in the latest edition of What Mountain Bike magazine, they state that a 140mm fork would make the head angle very slack meaning you would have to run a fair bit of sag. Although it does cater for a 140mm fork now I would stick with 100mm or 120mm.

Trevor.

Back