b"O"b's Orange Aluminium Elite*finished result*

Hurin, I'm glad you did sell your elite :)

Its on commuting duty at the moment, showing up loads of road bikes... and will be lovingly restored in the spring. I have a set of Gil decals for it and will do a polish and probably a clear lacquer.

I LOVE that elite, what a great bike. Want to restore it with care and then use it as intended... but we all know how hard that can be after hours and £!

F*****king A

Your shiny Elite project looks mighty fine B.

The finished photos nearly made me change my own project into a retro ... but not quite! ;)

How is your seatpost a 31.6mm when the true fitment is 31.4mm? Did you stuff it in?

Clamp size/seat tube size is 34.9mm right? [/list]

That looks like a top job! :cool: I have an Elite as well but its not in the same shape as yours. Bought it off eblag in 2007 for £160 after my prototype Orange started to crack on the stay. Its a great bike and came with RC35s. Its a bit batterd but it gets used quite a lot, but they can take it. Where can I get some of them decals, they look spot on!

That looks like a top job! :cool: I have an Elite as well but its not in the same shape as yours. Bought it off eblag in 2007 for £160 after my prototype Orange started to crack on the stay. Its a great bike and came with RC35s. Its a bit batterd but it gets used quite a lot, but they can take it. Where can I get some of them decals, they look spot on!

Re: F*****king A

Thanks for the comments guys.... hopefully it's still there when I return from my travels!!

christiankay":1u0hgxef said:
Your shiny Elite project looks mighty fine B.

The finished photos nearly made me change my own project into a retro ... but not quite! ;)

How is your seatpost a 31.6mm when the true fitment is 31.4mm? Did you stuff it in?

Clamp size/seat tube size is 34.9mm right? [/list]

Christian, thanks again for the front mech... that was the one difficult part to track down. Be good to see how you've progressed on yours? Jonnyboy666 now has a similar one in gold!!
As for the seatpost.... it definately is a 31.6. It's actually a slightly newer Syncros that has been stripped and polished with old school decals.... I don't recall them ever making a 31.4mm ( but I could be wrong!!)
The mech fitment is 34.9mm. Have you tried a 31.6mm in yours?... perhaps it differs on the later models like yours?

@ vidal130....
:cool: get some pics up ASAP!!.... Gil_m can do you the decals or PM me. I may be able to sort you out for a small donation towards my London to Paris ride!!.... see the link in my signature.

Doh!

I feel like a right fool - I've gone and bought a Ritchey Pro seatpost in 31.4mm and bolted it in place with a Hope QR in 34.9mm ... it all seems to hang together ok? :oops:

... saying that, the original Orange Stalk lite post is stamped 31.4mm (actually made by PUSH/Kalloy for Orange) but I seem to have misplaced it to double check the markings ...?

Glad my front mech found a 'really' good home. Does it shift well?

damianw":23huus8c said:
Hurin, I'm glad you did sell your elite :)

Its on commuting duty at the moment, showing up loads of road bikes... and will be lovingly restored in the spring. I have a set of Gil decals for it and will do a polish and probably a clear lacquer.

I LOVE that elite, what a great bike. Want to restore it with care and then use it as intended... but we all know how hard that can be after hours and £!

post some pics once it's done..then I'll feel really ill!!..took me ages to source all those parts for it!! The bike rides really well though..just one too many for me though, glad to hear it is getting used now anyway..

Bumping back to the top as I've just taken delivery of an Elite (thanks del ;) ) and am gonna use boy"O"boy's for inspiration. :cool:

Back