Rate My New Klein Attitude.com !! She's my new baby !!

Hi Archangel...

Thanks for your insight! What do you mean by factory repaint? Im intrigued now !!! Im not entirely sure which year model it is ! It has the MC1 setup on it and the bronze looking badge on the front which I think means its a Foreign model !! German, Belgian etc... !!!

If you got more info on it please let me know !!!

I dont mind the colour ! I have to say when I first looked in the 1994 Klein catalogue 13 years ago, I fell in love with the coral Reef paint on the Quantum Pro ! Perhaps it hasn't just aged well !!! It will never look as glorious as my Moonrise Attitude..... But hey ho ! She's gone now and im not going to cry! :cry: :evil:

All the best

IN FACT, WHAT THE HELL AM I TALIKING ABOUT !!! GIVE ME BACK MY OLD TEAM COLOURS ANY DAY !!!

GREEN/WHITE/PINK WITH PHAT WELDED FORKS... ANOTHER BIKE SOME SCUMMY SHIT STOLE FROM ME! 14 YEARS AGO FROM INSIDE THE BACK OF A SHOP WHERE I WORKED!!! INSIDE JOB :?

Nice job, and a beautiful bike. I once owned a Gator Adroit, and could kick myself for selling that bike. As usual the Kleins in the 93/94 vintage are simply works of art. Confetti, Rainforest, and moonrise are my favorites, but yours is on my list too!!

delboy009":1uzaxc51 said:
Hi Archangel...

Thanks for your insight! What do you mean by factory repaint? Im intrigued now !!! Im not entirely sure which year model it is ! It has the MC1 setup on it and the bronze looking badge on the front which I think means its a Foreign model !! German, Belgian etc... !!!

If you got more info on it please let me know !!!

I dont mind the colour ! I have to say when I first looked in the 1994 Klein catalogue 13 years ago, I fell in love with the coral Reef paint on the Quantum Pro ! Perhaps it hasn't just aged well !!! It will never look as glorious as my Moonrise Attitude..... But hey ho ! She's gone now and im not going to cry! :cry: :evil:

All the best

Hi mate,

The metal badge on the head tube was only available in German Kleins at the request of the German importer Storck (yup, the same guy makes nice frames too) to differentiate the grey-import ones from the "legally imported".

Your frame looks like it is a 1992 model since it has unicrown fork but still the smaller diameter downtube and I guess 27.2mm seatpost ? The 1991 model had fork with welded crown whereas the 1993 model had 31.6mm seatpost and 1 7/8" downtube.

Check out if the serial # is under the BB shell That code should tell you the manufacturing date (but not always, 'cause the codes differ).

As you might know, Klein offered a service where you could get your frameset repainted with the current colors. The Coral Reef was not available until 1994 model year. There is a slight possibility that your frame would have been a left-over 1992 that was painted in late 1993 when the Coral Reef was available.
I myself have a 1993 Sea & Sky Attitude which has been originally painted Sea & Sky even if the colour came available in 1994.
Also the stickers of mine and also your Attitude are 1994 models.

Yeah, the catalogue Quantum Pro in Coral Reef looks much nicer in the photos! But hey, tastes are different and however I may like it or not, Coral Reef is always better than any of the solid colors.

Too bad for that Moonrise Atittude, I really love Moonrise... :cry:

Ha ha .... Hello again Steven..

You sold it too a loving new parent so dont you worry... In fact I have kept your email this long already so if I ever come to sell her ill give you first refusal !! Doubt I will but its a nice gesture none the less !!

Take care fella..

Del

Hey there Archangel !!! I think I now know what your saying !!! That might also explain why at the very bottom of the forks there is a chip form the Coral Reef coluring and exposing itself is some yellow and green fading !!! Gator linear fade perhaps ???

Dont tempt me if it is, Ill end up having to flat it back with 1200 grit to expose that original paint !!

Back