Coolwall - E-stays

Coolwall - E-stays

• Cool

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
drystonepaul":25exfjoy said:
Agree with that. Up until the mid 90's chainsuck was a chronic problem that brought about varied 'solutions' like anti-chansuck devices and of course e-stays.
The real solution came with the improvement in drivetrains when the problem appeared to more or less disappear.

E stays still chain sucked, which is a fact which is lost here, and as you correctly point out chain suck is due to the chain and chainrings and not the chain stay.

Cool. :LOL:

From a time when manufacturers dared to design something different on a bike most people could afford.

cool, cool, cool, cool ...

Attachments

• 100_1119.JPG
    100_1119.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 499
  • 102_2062.jpg
    102_2062.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 499
  • ellisonn2.jpg
    ellisonn2.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 500
  • marone3.jpg
    marone3.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 498
andrewl":2mfd3248 said:
drystonepaul":2mfd3248 said:
Agree with that. Up until the mid 90's chainsuck was a chronic problem that brought about varied 'solutions' like anti-chansuck devices and of course e-stays.
The real solution came with the improvement in drivetrains when the problem appeared to more or less disappear.

E stays still chain sucked, which is a fact which is lost here, and as you correctly point out chain suck is due to the chain and chainrings and not the chain stay.

But the lack of a chainstay meant it didn't all jam up,something which cost me a few times in muddy races :cry:

my long lost (stolen) RM Experience :cry:

Attachments

• rm_experience.jpg
    rm_experience.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 607
Some I like, Some I don't
Does the like's override the dislikes...

This one's not been posted yet
main.php

Back