kona hot 94

trigg

Dirt Disciple
the frame kindly bought over personally by seller from america,bought on this site. tet number on bottom bracket.
with help from very patient Primera bike shop i finished this today. i dont want to tell you who blasted and powder coated it for £35 as he might get mobbed and put his prices up. its a satin finish and very tough. a diferent riding position as the forks are longer than the project twos on my same size frame cinder cone. it rides nice.

Attachments

• IMGP1942.JPG
    IMGP1942.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,828
I guess you're on solid ground if it has a TET stamp on it and it must be a Hot. Originally it would have had a Tange Ultimate seat tube sticker as shown below. If your sticker is a 'hand-crafted in USA' one, I'm not sure whether they ever appeared on any factory Kona, but if they did it would have been at the bottom of the seat tube.

I assume it has a fluted downtube, and a bulged seat tube as it meets the bb.

Did you take photos of it before you had it painted?

Attachments

• 1994 Hot frame size 17 in red front.jpg
    1994 Hot frame size 17 in red front.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,912
yup

yup it has the fluted down tube and it bulges in the right places. know not of the original colour, it was a purply black when i got it, but i am not sure if it is the first. sorry the picture is crap. there was no made in usa sticker on it when i recieved it. i have kept it eight speed and i like it that way...

hot more

ok

Attachments

• IMGP1942.JPG
    IMGP1942.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,857
  • IMGP1945.JPG
    IMGP1945.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,857
I like that actually. Hot and black, hmmm, can do a lot worse.

I wonder if this is the same one?

Attachments

• 1994 Hot size 19 black.jpg
    1994 Hot size 19 black.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,784

Latest posts

Back