Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December 2009 - bushpig's Mantis X Frame

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ameybrook's C-26 takes BoTY 2009.

Official result and full analysis to follow in the morning :cool:

Official result, 299 votes cast.

1st - ameybrook's Yeti C-26 (76 votes)
2nd - Defiant's Serotta TiMax (44 votes)
3rd - Dr S' Pace RC-100 (32 votes)
4th - Sinnett177's 1993 Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech (26 votes)
5th - Pete McC's Doug Bradbury Manitou Full Suspension
6th equal - Archangel's 1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate (15 votes)
6th equal - Pete McC's Yeti Ultimate (15 votes)
6th equal - Ragnar1984's Miyata Century (15 votes)
9th equal - bushpig's Mantis X Frame (13 votes)
9th equal - Gary Turner's GT STS (13 votes)
9th equal - Hairstream's Yeti Ultimate (13 votes)
12th - Oneschnark's Grove Innovation Titanium (10 votes)
13th - 24pouces' 1988 Cannondale SM600 (3 votes)

20100116boty2009result.jpg
[/img]

Just to add if the top 3 want to drop me a PM I'll sort them out with some retrobike prizes :D

Brilliant news! Word around the campsite was that third place was a 2 week holiday in the Maldives. PM on the way Guv. Now where's my suncream and mankini??

Seriously guys, thanks to everyone for voting. Big congrats to Mike and Bas for the podium places- great bikes and even better people. Very worthy indeed.

Cheers
Si

Dr S":6th0pktp said:
Brilliant news! Word around the campsite was that third place was a 2 week holiday in the Maldives. PM on the way Guv. Now where's my suncream and mankini??

Ah, that's the problem with rumours. It was 2 weeks in Morecombe. I'd leave the sun cream and get that sou'wester packed.

John":15e4dqv5 said:
Dr S":15e4dqv5 said:

Ah, that's the problem with rumours. It was 2 weeks in Morecombe. I'd leave the sun cream and get that sou'wester packed.
Great news Si, let me know when your coming!

Well done to all and especially Dr S who came from nowhere to take that final podium position from me :evil:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for voting. The C-26 project was an amazing two years of my life, one that I miss every time I see this thing hanging in my garage. All the kind words and appreciation from the community here certainly justify the time and effort involved.

Going back through my original post, it reminded me of a few interesting memories about this project I may or may not have shared. Here are a few:

When I found the tubes, their former owner swore they were the last set he owned. This turned out to be a complete lie ;) But more C-26 projects are coming down the pike from worthy owners, and for this I only have excitement.

This bike has a brother. I'll leave it at that.

- The tires were NOS and I intended to keep them that way... until one day, I came downstairs to find my father, who was visiting on vacation, riding the bike around in the muddy parking lot. It was the first time anyone had thrown a leg over. I decided I would too and took it for a spin around town.

- Someday, hopefully, this bike will have a carbon rear end. Herting has promised me a box exists with the seat and chainstay pieces. Since he never got a chance to build one, he said he'd give it a shot if the box can be located.

- The fork legs on my carbon accutrax are the seattube from the original C-26 prototype. Ridden by Russ Worley in the MBA test.

- No doubt much of the fanfare associated with this bike comes from the photo with the mountain backdrop. I took this hours after a snowstorm finished dropping 32 inches of powder on Durango. It was about 8 degrees F (-13C). I had to carry the bike 200 yards to the point where I wanted to take the photo. Since the snow swallowed the wheels, I had to dig a place on top of a stonewall fence beside the structure known as the Lions Den. So what's not seen in the photo is the huge building its leaning against. A big pain in the ass, and a little photoshop skill.

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words. Good luck to retrobike in 2010 and onward.

:D

Back