Propsed retro bike ride weekend anglesey

orbeas

Retro Guru
just a quick line to let you know am proposing to organise a retro bike ride on anglesey in july.
there is a regular charity ride every year on the island with 14 or 26 or 52 mile routes on some of the lovely lanes across the island.
the date is not yet comfirmed but is usually the first sunday in july.
I thought that another ride on the saturday before would make a nice weekend, the saturday could be either on or off round, advice sought ??

Sounds good. The first weekend in July will work too as it doesn't appear clash with any of the planned national events in July.

Is there much in the way of off-road riding on Anglesey? I used to go every summer during the summer holidays when I was a young 'un.

for off road riding go into newborough forest lots of great paths and tracks
just remember lots of dogs and horses.
mail me if you want directions or meet up for a ride on a weekend
a decent lap takes about 25 - 35 mins
ladies can sunbath on the beach or join the nudist colony lol !!!!!

Interested in this, have relatives on the island so could kill two birds with one stone :D

I quite like the idea of cycling over from my house to Anglesey.
It's about 120 miles so it'd make for a nice leisurely two days there, a day riding on Anglesey and then maybe a lift back as far as about Chester for the final 40 mile push back home.
Nice little summery North Wales adventure.

thanks for all the replies will post the dates when I know for sure
but if you pencil in the first weekend in july that would be great
thanks barry

On / Off Road

There is no off road on anglesey pleanty of nice rough stuff but no off road... is there? You could do a very nice route starting from anglesey taking in snowdonia on the first day. Make the most of beautiful n wales ;)

PS If you want real mountain biking (not man made) snowdonia is full of it :)

Back