Best modern Hardtail for £700 - £800

Just got my son a "Sinister Ridge." Well built, Hip with the new generation, and a strong bond to the vintage scene....

4110461784_ec8fdca278_b.jpg

Honestly I'd say with that kind of budget and the kind chaps on this site, you could make yourself a bike for a great spec. There's something about building a bike yourself and making it exactly how you want it. I've had a few new bikes and generally within a month I'm pulling components off and swapping things anyway, so why not do it from scratch?

SP

Splatter Paint said:
Honestly I'd say with that kind of budget and the kind chaps on this site, you could make yourself a bike for a great spec. There's something about building a bike yourself and making it exactly how you want it. I've had a few new bikes and generally within a month I'm pulling components off and swapping things anyway, so why not do it from scratch?

SP

I agree whole heartedly with you - but it's not for me, it for a mate who doesn't know one end of a spanner from the other.

Thanks for all you suggestions though - most helpful.

I think he will probably end up with some sort of genesis.

Average Mark":1g9mz0qs said:
Boardman - unbelievable specs for the money.

Totally.I heard the reps report ontheir bikes and theyre all costed mainly at trade prices
Nobody can beat them on price.
buy one -ditch the frame on ebay and dress your pride and joy up real nice

Average Mark":2z0c6jlr said:
Boardman - unbelievable specs for the money.
Yup, well worth the cash.

A mate of mine has just got the £800 full susser, how the hell they can spec it with the components hey do & still make money on them is beyond me.

I've only heard good things about Boardman bikes (Halfords on the other hand..)

I'm not sure you even need to ditch the frame to be honest, it looks a pretty decent alu frame, certainly lighter than most others at that price point. It depends on whether you want to spend youre cash on the bike or the name i think.

Back