Marin single speed project

well, the Marin is now on stage three of it's little adventure through the world of fine tuning and riding positions! after a short-lived phase of blue DH bars (super comfy, matched the forks a treat but so heavy) and a quite lengthy search, I've settled on this Profile Boa stem (logo removed as is was a bit tatty) which gives me the same nice (for me) riding position but a great weight saving.

Also new are a Gusset Bachelor tensioner (Mr K ya big!), gearing upped a touch with a 16 tooth rear cog and a fat 1/8" chain... and some basic decals - which were pretty cheap on eBay and (almost) same colour as the forks, tie-ing (I hope) the intended red, white and blue scheme!

My recovered saddle is ok (but develops a nasty tide mark on wet rides) and sits high on the 27.0 seatpost after I did away with the shimmed 25.4... :D

15741_212612696170_586536170_4623041_3536060_n.jpg

xizang":3eaegx4l said:
DMR STS looks familiar :LOL:
Looks nice.
I'll need to get my rigid Karakoram ss finished and post it up.

I only switched so I could fit my fat chain... notice I used some washers on the DMR to stop it moving from side to side? wasn't necessary when my old Trek had another STS on it, but it was this time :?

looking good dude. have you tried taking another link out of your chain?

i also need some advice off you so expect a pm any minute...

lewis1641":1itdrb0d said:
looking good dude. have you tried taking another link out of your chain?

i also need some advice off you so expect a pm any minute...

sure have dude, it's running half link as other wise too long or short for up or down push! advice, from me? enchating... PM me anytime! ;)

Right, the Marin's had another little remix for winter and looks much less flashy for it I reckon. I sold the M739 brakes and reverted to Avid Single Digits which suit me just fine - still tons of power, less bling but a wee little bit lighter I think. The red-walled Panaracers have also found a new home and have been replaced by a pair of brand new Maxxis Ignitor 2.1" - a great UK all-rounder IMHO - and bought as part of a job lot so, once I'd sold off the rest, cost me a fiver! And the bike is a custom build so not bothered about period tyres anyway!

Still experimenting with stem rise :roll: depending on how my back's feeling, and Sithlord took the recovered Avocet saddle off my hands, in place of a trusty Body Geometry which I've been using since it came with my (then) new '05 Hardrock Pro - mmm comf! And some red frame bolts to finish her off :cool: not that you can see them on the photo! Crank bolts caps are in the post

17951_248929161170_586536170_4845282_4055793_n.jpg

more mini tweakings in the shape of some lovely VeloSolo blue ano cassette spacers and levers upgraded to Speed Dial 5 level. My shock pump is playing up again annoyingly which is causing minor havoc at front end. Oh, and weighed it - 26lbs

Latest posts

Back