MacRetro Ganghut...........

If I were not facing a potential cut in my finances in the near future, I would of been interested to chip in as a remote partner.

Could even of worked out cheaper than my £200 per month storage facility if my investment & co-investors let me store/display my Pace collection, Roberts etc.

Would be cool to have a retroshop :)

Spotted today in Holyrood Park

4271695538_6c23a3af56_o.jpg

Not even close to tempting!!
Street is a total backwater, traffic flows all round there but that spot is deader than a dead thing, plus its 50 yards from Sandy Gilchrists old shop which will take any local trade as its been there forever

It was Sandy Gilchrist that built my hope disk wheel up 19 years ago, still solid and relatively true, he used DB spokes on the non disk side and straights on the disc side for extra strength - we really didn't know what was needed - he was probably the first person in Scotland to build a "modern" bicycle disk wheel. Business has changed hands now though.

Talking of Sandy Gilchrist, who is the proprietor of the bikeshop that is across from the bar entrance to the Cameo cinema in Edinburgh, the lurid orange one. Is that SG or the guy that used to have the shop in Stockbridge where Alpine Bikes are now (Williamson?)?

The idea of a gang hut appeals, as I have already arranged to stash my spare Tufftrax in a mates garage in Edinburgh. This is to facilitate coming down for rides without having to take the car, allowing me to enjoy the bus ride from Thurso to Edinburgh, just like I was a skint student again...

Latest posts

Back