1998 cannondale single speed

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
needed a light bike to get to the GYM and back and for fitness/cardio work that wouldnt put miles on the dekerf.

thankfully Si (sithlord) came to the rescue before i spent a fortune on a bike on e-bay, cheers bud.

14012010269.jpg

can anyone work out the age?

14012010270.jpg

few changes to come:

carbon fibre riser bars and XTR V brakes and levers.

keeping things simple and light as its ideal for what i need....getting fitter!

comes in at a smidgen over 21lbs :cool:

Nice one :) should be a great weenie project should you go down that route :cool:

kaiser":3jesbcsg said:
Nice one :) should be a great weenie project should you go down that route :cool:

i possibly will when i get a nice space indoors for it to live. at the moment it lives in a bike shed and it is meant to be a cheap bike to get about on......though that is already starting to change :LOL:

age not sure from the serial nos
but thats a caad 3 frame so 96/97 would be my guess

mikee":1zz5t3pd said:
age not sure from the serial nos
but thats a caad 3 frame so 96/97 would be my guess

ok i will stick a post up in the mtb chat section to see if i get any more info, not important but it would be nice to know.

Pop over to vintage cannondale, theres a page describing how to date a frame from serial No.

kaiser":24r8p0d3 said:
Pop over to vintage cannondale, theres a page describing how to date a frame from serial No.

:idea: ;) cheers, i knew i had heard of a website to age them, was searching ages last night for it!

kaiser":37igo99l said:

:idea: ;) cheers, i knew i had heard of a website to age them, was searching ages last night for it!

kaiser":2tnz35tp said:

Back