Ritchey Plexus

JayEmme

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi everyone,

I finally made it!

The Ritchey Plexus is now one of my bikes. I found this frame ''lost'' in a store with the RS fork and the headset. I said to myself, it's a miracle? Lets carry it with me to my sweet home.

So here goes what I did. I'm asking your opinion about it making an appeal : If some one has Ritchey Parts, please send me PM, because it's mine objective to mount it with proper Ritchey Parts.

2ekrvb6.jpg

1178k8n.jpg

2r6npkw.jpg

etb85k.jpg

34810z7.jpg

207nhv8.jpg

21bnhvb.jpg

In the front wheel is missing two caps in each side of the hub, if someone have ones, please let me know.

Cheers

João

That is one lush looking bike :) :cool: :cool: , not keen on the wheels but each to there own.. :) :)

one of these frames is on the list for this year.. ;)

Great bike! I love steel frame :D
I've a question for all plexus experts: I've seen a lot of plexus frames and some of them have the seatbolt on the front (as this one), some other have it on the back, near the conjunction of the downtube and the rear tubes... :?:

cyb

Thanks mates,

It's still being build, but is already an amazing bike.

I love this frame, I was searching for one since a long time :)

Now is find the proper components to match with the frame brand and the job is done.

I can't wait for riding it :p

Cheers

Love it mate, very cool..... :cool:

If it were mine i'd change the wheels but its not mine so good luck to you :D ;)

Fenton":1gzlj4ci said:
Love it mate, very cool..... :cool:

If it were mine i'd change the wheels but its not mine so good luck to you :D ;)

Thanks mate,

I need to find a proper wheels for it. Steel vs carbon does not match so much :?

mechagouki":tmwodrlo said:
and a shorter fork.........

love the Plexus - great looking bike

Its the correct fork. The sids had shorter lowers and therefore more stanchion exposed. The shorter lowers were lighter. The frames were 98ish

Nice ride!

When I bought the P-20 frame, the guy showed me his 2 personal bikes: one was a Plexus, the other was a Ritchey one-off road bike that had a Plexus-like custom frame that belonged to Frishy. The seatstays had a less dramatic curve though.

P20":27ktl1pl said:
Its the correct fork. The sids had shorter lowers and therefore more stanchion exposed. The shorter lowers were lighter. The frames were 98ish

Well, I have a 1998 SID and it doesn't have that much stanchion exposed, also that fork's lowers have disc mounts which were not present on 1998s - looks like an 80mm Y2K fork to me.

My 1998 SID looks like this (decals are 2009):

IMG_2495.jpg

unafraid -are you sure that Ritchey road bike wasn't a cyclocross bike called a SwissCross? Did it have cantilevers or sidepull calipers?

Back