Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Cheers DSP! Can't wait to get my hands on it :cool:

I have been looking for some magabites for the race elite for some time so will probably pop these on that to finally finish the build :D

I also will have some nos butterscotch psychos that I think will look nice against the purple of this frame. Then I plan to bin the gripshift/stx group set for maybe period correct xt, then get some pace rc 36 forks and so on...

dendy":jfedmvkg said:
Cheers DSP! Can't wait to get my hands on it :cool:

I have been looking for some magabites for the race elite for some time so will probably pop these on that to finally finish the build :D

I also will have some nos butterscotch psychos that I think will look nice against the purple of this frame. Then I plan to bin the gripshift/stx group set for maybe period correct xt, then get some pace rc 36 forks and so on...

I think that the megabites could possibly have been the original spec for the 93 Race Elite. They were for the 92 Kili Racer.
In terms of 'binning' the Gripshift and STX. I'm sure that this is just a turn of phrase and you won't literally throw the STX stuff in the bin. :shock:
I like STX..
Not quite so keen on Gripshift though.

The butterscotch tyres and XT upgrades should work well along with the forks.

:LOL: :LOL: :oops: Yes sorry about that. What I meant and should have said is recycle/sell the stx cos it certainly was and is decent enough. Even the gripshifts wont be chucked...

Yes I believe the zmax tyres were on the 92 kili as standard and therefore the race elite so happy days.

It's just a shame that I don't think I will be able to travel up in time before the botm is put to vote :cry: May have to fit the psychos to the race elite and just enter it, just that I don't think the colours will work...

Nice that. Did you get it on eBay? I was watching but decided it was to far away. My killi could do with some of those tyres. The fire xc's ride well but look wrong on it.

Yes it was on ebay. I was going to bid on it but wanted to know something before I did... so asked a question or two... the chap didn't reply in time because he was away... Long story short he replied and we come to an agreement over the phone... He was so helpful and said he was driving from Wolverhampton down the m5 this morning and was prepared to pop off at junction 2 and drop the bike off at my nan's. Can't say enough good things about the fella to be honest. :cool:

Was that on the 'bay?

Very nice by the way. £70 is a steal. You'd only get a Kona frame for that!

Thanks coomber! Yep ebay.

I know, at £70 it is a steel. The pic on ebay didn't say much for the bike, it looks to be in much better condition than I expected...

It amazes me how much konas go for today..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back