Colnago Arabesque...pic heavy!

They look like roads with minimal resistance to me. Maybe a little too less through the corners though. The roads here do not look much different btw. The 1st rumours go that from Monday evening on they will difinately run out salt.

Well that is a lovely bike. Not a bad way to go if you don't want to go all Colnago 30th anniversary.

Only thing that looks wrong to me is the fake Colnago seatpost. I guess it's okay, but it makes the observer wonder what else is fake about the build...

I would like to know also...
It is original seatpost what has come with bike from Colnago.

Shamus, are you saying that the seatpost on this bike came with this bike when you (or someone else) bought it from a Colnago dealer? I have never seen this version of a Colnago seatpost in a catalogue, so I assumed it was a recent creation of those Europeans (mostly Italians) who are using laser etching machines to cut their own designs into any old Campagnolo parts to push up prices.

If that stem exists in a Colnago catalogue, I'm sorry. I've learned something! Would love to know which catalogue?

Don't get me wrong, I have no objection to people taking a nice old part, and pantographing a logo onto it if it ends up looking like what the original pantographed part was supposed to resemble. After all, in the 70s, Colnago outsourced the work to lots of small workshops. Trouble is, I see plenty of fakes on auction sites, and most are disasters. Your seatpost looked wrong to me.

The trouble with so many people faking Colnago pantographed parts is that in a few year's time (potentially already), no-one will know what is genuine, and what is a modern day fabrication. Then how will anyone know the right way to restore a bike?

Back