DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1641.jpg

DSCN1648.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1660.jpg

DSCN1662.jpg

DSCN1663.jpg

Sorry I got a little trigger happy,

I've never seen snow like this before. We rode/ski'd down the fire road, I haven't had to correct my steering so much :D

Great photos from both of you. Plenty more snow since a couple of weeks ago.
Nobody got up to the Cat and Fiddle though eh...?
I'll have to try my luck once I'm feeling up to the challenge.

Great pic's stally ! Love that snow dunes pic ! DSP ,me and stally checked out both sides of the forest so you can check out the conditions at the cat ;) Hope you're feeling abit better now lad.

Well the snow appears to have been melting a bit today and the forecast looks a bit warmer for the next week.
Plus I can breathe through both nostrils at the same time at last. I should be fine in a couple of days now. Worst cold I've had in ages.
Could've been Swine Flu I suppose... :roll:

drystonepaul":1xypr9hm said:
Well the snow appears to have been melting a bit today and the forecast looks a bit warmer for the next week.
Plus I can breathe through both nostrils at the same time at last. I should be fine in a couple of days now. Worst cold I've had in ages.
Could've been Swine Flu I suppose... :roll:

Sounds like a good dose of man Flu too me :)

If anyone fancy's a night ride let me know, I've got some new lights to tryout.

Tonight I'm night sledging up where those pics were taken

Reccy part deux...

Yay! I have managed to get my photos online for once!

I have a little bit of a tour of the forest for y'all from the reccy part deux the other day. (This is my first time posting pictures- if it fails I apologise)

As you can see, there's plenty of bike racks; some deep deep snow; a friendly hobo and an icerink...

I wonder if it'll all be there when it's ride time?

Fingers crossed for the hobo at least! :D

drystonepaul":21wxxnuc said:
NWA regional ride: Macclesfield Forest, Wildboarclough and Three Shires Head

:: Terrain: Well drained fire roads, rocky descents, and moorland tracks. Some road sections including one big road climb. Nothing particularly technical or steep but plenty of rocks and fast descents.

Ahem... I think someone needs to go start forking some fire roads now to give us that "Well drained" effect when it's ride time :)

I'm looking at doing a recce on this route this coming weekend. Mainly to see how much if any snow is still about on the hills and see just how wet those well drained trails are.
Anyone who fancies joining me is quite welcome.

I'm reckoning on about an 11am start outside the Leather's Smithy on Sunday or I could ride out from Macc with any of you locals...

The weekend forecast doesn't look too bad either.

drystonepaul":15fobpzw said:
I'm looking at doing a recce on this route this coming weekend. Mainly to see how much if any snow is still about on the hills and see just how wet those well drained trails are.
Anyone who fancies joining me is quite welcome.

I'm reckoning on about an 11am start outside the Leather's Smithy on Sunday or I could ride out from Macc with any of you locals...

The weekend forecast doesn't look too bad either.

I'm up for that.

I managed to get over Charity last weekend. I had to push all the way over because of the frozen snow and in places it was up to waist high, unrideable.

Hopefully the forest snow will have melted by next weekend.
"melt dam it, melt"

Stally":2cdbse2y said:
I'm up for that.

I managed to get over Charity last weekend. I had to push all the way over because of the frozen snow and in places it was up to waist high, unrideable.

Hopefully the forest snow will have melted by next weekend.
"melt dam it, melt"

Nice one Stally, I knew I could count on you.
We'll have to bring the snow shovels then to clear a line down Charity and welcome the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back