And today I did......

zigzag":271kl5jf said:
clockworkgazz":271kl5jf said:
zigzag":271kl5jf said:
clockworkgazz":271kl5jf said:
start thinking about finding a commuter bike soon.
Joab?

started on monday worst luck :LOL:

up in glasga toon so will commute a couple of days a week when the light returns at either end of the day so to speak.
Congratulations ma man, and best of luck with it. Bit of a trek, but a job's a job... Now waiting for Perry to chime in with the MickyD references...

worse than that, back to the old mortgage game :evil: mind you I get to wear jeans and a t-shirt as it is all on the dog and bone. If anyone need their mortgage sorted give me a shout in a few weeks ;)

I also got some suntour beartraps today so happy days. Anyone want some rather fetching MKS black graphite beartraps now I have them going begging?

will look tonight Kaiser- the ring looked in good nick so kind of confused- chain is newish and front ring was fine with the 17tooth mmm

Today I laced the rear wheel for the 29er :D only 1 mistake :eek: will tension and true up tonight.

clockworkgazz":2i64pdot said:
I also got some suntour beartraps today so happy days. Anyone want some rather fetching MKS black graphite beartraps now I have them going begging?

just ordered a set from Merlin :( - got a pic and price - if they are small miniKen can have them.

on another note the dangers of being an admin - I clicked edit instead of quote and put my reply in your message :oops: fixed now.

Today I fell on my arse after slipping on some ice while walking along the one and only path to work :oops:

Thought fook it's a bit slippy today , a meter later I was down :LOL:

kaiser":1mgvtq4i said:
Can't you turn the king cog round?

well I did but only once I changed the front cog- no change, changed the rear cog worked great then, then did as you suggested and flipped the King and hey presto no slipping :roll:

It was really not apparent looking at the teeth that there was any noticeable wear but obviously there was? With this rollover der. set up, would you recommend a bash guard to stop the chain jumping off the front ring?

Today I cut the spare wheel well out of the Alfa and did my back in wrestling out the fuel tank through the boot. Spent another small fortune on it at Alfaholics before going home and out on my first ride of the year. Starlit skies, crusty snow underwheel, good company and a dram or too followed by a bag of steaming vinegar soaked chips on the way home.
Knackered but happy enough with my day.

Back